General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me go to Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:36 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help me go to Sturgis

ORIGINAL: icecaps

Dynamike thanks for being a site sponsor. In returnfor that I have visited your site and clicked through to some of your sponsors. I probably never would have done so if you were not featured here.
I think this would have been better as a Sturgis promotion instead of the way you asked. Especially when you can write off the trip as a business expense on your taxes.
If you could offer print quality pictures of people's own bikes and your models at Sturgis you would probably would more than finance your trip.
That's what it really is, a Sturgis promotion.

I've considered doing just that in Daytona in the past.

Thanks for the advice.

Mike

Old 06-12-2007, 02:38 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

Mike, just haven fun!
I know brother, I know! I'd love to have you along.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Tinker Bell
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2BKFXDL

I judge contributions that I make based on my determination of the requestors needs......not exclusively their stated needs but what their needs appearto be to me based on what they have told me, the look in their eyes, their appearance and their general attitude.

It is easy to see the needs of a hungry family, a shelter for kids or battered women, a veterans group or the family broken down on the side of the road with no gas or food money.

Helping those who can't help themselves in a time of crisis and helping those who are devoting themselves to helping others is right, honorable and proper. My wife and I do those things on a regular basis because we feel that one should.

While it is true that some sort of $$$$ deal is being offered to those who contribute therein making such contribution a give and take scenario I personally can't find any reason why anyone should donate $5 to you just because you have an itch to go to sturgis. Truthfully, I find such a request tacky and lacking in cooth regardless of your offered deal.

If you want to go to sturgis start planning for it before it happens rather than coming to a group of grown people who gather together to discuss bikes.

Everyone has needs and I am quite certain you consider this one to be legitimate.

Thats the sad part.
Well, thats one way to look at it. Or you could look at it like this: Mike is an enterprising entrepreneur and runs a biker enews letter and site geared towards the biker community. Going to Sturgis gives him an opportunity to do a photo shoot and story on his trip and the Sturgis Rally itself. Now ifby him going to the Sturgis Rallyhelps him in his business endeavours by increasing his readership and passthroughs on his web site and helps him become more successful, then more power to him. I have no problems what so ever with this. One of the most successful business persons in this country told me once to never use my own money when someone else's is available.

Not a bad idea if you ask me.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:23 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TM

Well, thats one way to look at it. Or you could look at it like this: Mike is an enterprising entrepreneur and runs a biker enews letter and site geared towards the biker community. Going to Sturgis gives him an opportunity to do a photo shoot and story on his trip and the Sturgis Rally itself. Now ifby him going to the Sturgis Rallyhelps him in his business endeavours by increasing his readership and passthroughs on his web site and helps him become more successful, then more power to him. I have no problems what so ever with this. One of the most successful business persons in this country told me once to never use my own money when someone else's is available.

Not a bad idea if you ask me.
Thanks man! You get it.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:39 PM
M2hunter
Cruiser

Mike,
If you do make it to Sturgis, where are you going to be set up at. I would like to come by and say hello and maybe you could take pics ofthe folks' bikes that help"orchestrate" yourproject. Putting that in a sectoin of your e-zine would be kinda cool and also tell the folks thanks....................just a thought.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:11 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: M2hunter

Mike,
If you do make it to Sturgis, where are you going to be set up at. I would like to come by and say hello and maybe you could take pics ofthe folks' bikes that help"orchestrate" yourproject. Putting that in a sectoin of your e-zine would be kinda cool and also tell the folks thanks....................just a thought.
It's a good thought. Thanks for the suggestion!

Mike

Old 06-12-2007, 06:13 PM
ut_vols_fan
Road Captain

God I love this place

Mike - I get it, and glad to hear that you expected the backlash....this can be a tough place at times

Old 06-12-2007, 06:23 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ut_vols_fan

God I love this place

Mike - I get it, and glad to hear that you expected the backlash....this can be a tough place at times
In my business, you gotta have tough skin!

Old 06-12-2007, 06:33 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dear Dynamike,

I'm so sorry for what I have said, If only I could take it back. I'm so sorry I could s*it. Please don't remove my privlages from your mag. I will send you 5 bucks, 10 if need be. I'm so sorry. Please give me another chance, I must see your mag or I will die. I'm so freakin sorry.

Yourcandor in the matter at hand would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm sorry [&o][&o][&o]

Old 06-12-2007, 06:44 PM
47Norton
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

This is really good![sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif]

Quick Reply: Help me go to Sturgis