General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many ride alone???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017 | 04:30 AM
kap1
Road Captain

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...alone.1082824/

Yes I do ride alone and for many of the reasons already mentioned. I have attempted to post a link to another forum of which I am a member with a thread about riding alone that I have enjoyed and contributed to myself and which some folks here might like to read as well. I use the name kevinp65 over there. I should probably change it soon to ...67, lol.

Old 08-18-2017 | 04:30 AM
Queen-of-Clubs
Outstanding HDF Member

These days, I usually ride alone. It's not necessarily my preference, but I don't have many friends who ride. So, if I want to ride, I go alone.

Old 08-18-2017 | 04:54 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member

After getting divorced almost 14 years ago ,I lost a few folks I rode with on a regular basis for years. So much for brotherhood. I've gotten used to being alone and riding alone. I love it. An occasional trip with some coworkers is cool . Very few woman that I meet are into riding, so realationships don't last too long when your gone on a lot of weekends . They seem to work pretty well in the winter,though.

Old 08-18-2017 | 05:33 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by bklynbob
After getting divorced almost 14 years ago ,I lost a few folks I rode with on a regular basis for years. So much for brotherhood.

Yeah that's one issue the court doesn't decide in a divorce - who gets the friends.

Old 08-18-2017 | 05:40 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member

Actually do enjoy riding alone when I'm in Bad Mood. Only will ride with 2 close riding buddies when they need company. Group Rides once or twice a year due to their commitments.

Thorey

Old 08-18-2017 | 05:45 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member

I ride alone and find it the most peaceful way to ride.

Old 08-18-2017 | 06:19 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by shorelasHD
When I ride alone, I prefer to ride by myself...
I had to get to the 3rd page before someone posted the first thought I had when I saw the thread?

Not often enough. Don't care for group rides or even having anyone else along except for my pretty passenger.

Old 08-18-2017 | 06:57 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member

Could be just me, but the few "situations" I look back upon with some trepidation have occurred while group riding. Guess I do better with just my own positioning to deal with rather than that, plus the positioning of a host of other riders.

I know the protocols. I've thoroughly read the little "group riding" manual some organizations pass out, can comfortably handle my machine and have been on a good number of group rides since starting in 2013. Still the constant speed fluctuations, puzzling individual maneuverings, and route "surprises" which seem to be part of the group riding scene, vex me somewhat. I'm not knocking group rides and will continue to do them but they bring added challenges IMHO. I can certainly understand why veteran participants like to ride sweep !

The following users liked this post:
Fast66 (08-22-2017)
Old 08-18-2017 | 07:02 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Both for me but I recently took a 3 day mountain trip by myself and it was quite head cleansing....

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Could be just me, but the few "situations" I look back upon with some trepidation have occurred while group riding. Guess I do better with just my own positioning to deal with rather than that, plus the positioning of a host of other riders.

I know the protocols. I've thoroughly read the little "group riding" manual some organizations pass out, can comfortably handle my machine and have been on a good number of group rides since starting in 2013. Still the constant speed fluctuations, puzzling individual maneuverings, and route "surprises" which seem to be part of the group riding scene, vex me somewhat. I'm not knocking group rides and will continue to do them but they bring added challenges IMHO. I can certainly understand why veteran participants like to ride sweep !
Yeah, all that ^^^^^. You add a lot of variables when there are others.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-18-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2017 | 07:06 AM
sumncguy
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Queen-of-Clubs
These days, I usually ride alone. It's not necessarily my preference, but I don't have many friends who ride. So, if I want to ride, I go alone.
Where in NC are you ?

I had the option of riding with the regular group of 5 guys or by myself last night. I chose to ride solo. Mainly because those guys all on sports or sport tourers like to go ***** to the wall all the time. Some times I just like to put the radio on, cruz the back roads at 60/65 and smell the cow crap.

Quick Reply: How many ride alone???