General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson 1200 vs Honda cb1100

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017 | 10:55 AM
Tomahawk309
Tourer

Nice bike, love the old school look. My neighbor has a kz750 that I lust after...

Old 08-19-2017 | 04:45 PM
randyp
Cruiser

a harley forum recommending a honda.

now I've seen everything.

If this were the 80s, the OP would be hunted down and his house bulldozed and earth salted.

Old 08-19-2017 | 07:53 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior

Too late to the game (story of my life) and see that you already got the Honda. Congrats, I guess. But I would have done anything/everything to talk you outta buying it as I HATE Honda motorcycles, and anything to do with them. Hope you like the bike, but turn in your man card and please don't post here any longer. Hope your wife gives you all the ****!!!

Serious note....that bike looks pretty aight, but Honda? Really?!?!?!

Last edited by YammyDrummer; 08-19-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-19-2017 | 10:53 PM
5150northrider
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
Too late to the game (story of my life) and see that you already got the Honda. Congrats, I guess. But I would have done anything/everything to talk you outta buying it as I HATE Honda motorcycles, and anything to do with them. Hope you like the bike, but turn in your man card and please don't post here any longer. Hope your wife gives you all the ****!!!

Serious note....that bike looks pretty aight, but Honda? Really?!?!?!
man I get what you are saying... if you like this class of bike and get a chance go ride the Honda and maybe u will get It? But keep in mind 7k with the rebate vs 10k it really is hard to say but I like the dam Honda

Old 08-21-2017 | 08:37 AM
5150northrider
|
Outstanding HDF Member

So this weekend I was standing in the parking lot and my first bike comes riding in. I haven't seen it in 20 something years, I don't know what the odds are of this happening but here are some photos...

The following users liked this post:
user 7172984932 (08-21-2017)
Old 08-21-2017 | 10:07 AM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

^^^ Reminds me of what a PITA it was to get at the oil filter when the engine was hot but those were good bikes - double wall headpipes too IIRC.

Last edited by RK4ME; 08-21-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-21-2017 | 10:27 AM
hd_usa
Tourer

Originally Posted by randyp
a harley forum recommending a honda.

now I've seen everything.

If this were the 80s, the OP would be hunted down and his house bulldozed and earth salted.
In the 80s, the OP would be hunted down because HD could not compete with Honda, so some people resorted to violence to intimidate those who wanted to buy a motorcycle rather than a name tag.

Thankfully, people have changed as HD got itself back and won market share. I still think that HD should get back into road racing and offer more variety than just cruisers.

Old 08-21-2017 | 11:10 AM
kwkride
Cruiser
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by hd_usa
I still think that HD should get back into road racing and offer more variety than just cruisers.
Absolutely!! (at least the variety part)

Old 08-22-2017 | 09:11 AM
5150northrider
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hd_usa
In the 80s, the OP would be hunted down because HD could not compete with Honda, so some people resorted to violence to intimidate those who wanted to buy a motorcycle rather than a name tag.

Thankfully, people have changed as HD got itself back and won market share. I still think that HD should get back into road racing and offer more variety than just cruisers.
in the 80s I was just lucky to have a motorcycle... living in montana I had to walk half the year because I couldn't afford both a car and a motorcycle, and I bought the Honda from the Harley Davidson shop. Some one traded it in on a new Harley Davidson so I got it used with 86 miles on it for next to nothing... i wanted a Harley Davidson then and I would have bought the sportster this time if I could have gotten it for close to the price I got the Honda for, but that wasn't in the cards and my new run around bike ended up the Honda one more time... now I just have to suck it up and ride the Honda... I just wanted a bike to run around town on! For what it's worth I have this bike already

Old 08-22-2017 | 10:45 AM
hd_usa
Tourer

Originally Posted by 5150northrider
in the 80s I was just lucky to have a motorcycle... living in montana I had to walk half the year because I couldn't afford both a car and a motorcycle, and I bought the Honda from the Harley Davidson shop. Some one traded it in on a new Harley Davidson so I got it used with 86 miles on it for next to nothing... i wanted a Harley Davidson then and I would have bought the sportster this time if I could have gotten it for close to the price I got the Honda for, but that wasn't in the cards and my new run around bike ended up the Honda one more time... now I just have to suck it up and ride the Honda... I just wanted a bike to run around town on! For what it's worth I have this bike already
The CB1100 is a fine bike, its engine is very smooth and has plenty of power. You now can enjoy and know the fun of both v-twin and inline-4.

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson 1200 vs Honda cb1100