General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went on the demo ride today

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017 | 07:45 PM
rufasim
|
Road Warrior
Default Went on the demo ride today

and test rode a cvo break out, cvo street glide, and road glide ultra. Not really in the market but thought it would be fun to test ride a couple of bikes with out the hassle of a sales man.
I don't think the break out's engine was running at a hundred percent. I mean that thing was shaking me like a paint shaker, even on the high way. When we were returning, one of the guys cooking for the local hog chapter came over and he even said it didn't sound right. One of the guys running the show said it sounded fine to him. I said he should take it for a ride. Would like to ride that one again but only good for a bar hopper.
The rgu was great. Nice and smooth with great power. This was the bike I really wanted to try. Never been on a rg and am thinking this might be my next bike in a couple of years. Still have that feeling after today.
the cvo sg was the bomb. Lots of power and lets face it, it's a cvo sg. Very comfortable. I can't really justify 38,000 for it though. Todays top dog was saying that that bike is going to be in the 40's next year. What is a cvo ultra gonna run?
I wish I stayed and ran the cvo ultra, but lets face it, never a bike I will own. Too much $ for a bike. I could have stayed all day and rode anything I wanted but it was a bit warm. At the time I was there there was always 2 or 3 bikes left behind, always the the street. I saw the heritage go out once, and there was a stage 4 street glide also. Really wish I rode that one. Oh well, next year