General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have to put her away.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:14 PM
campdreamer47
|
Tourer
Default I have to put her away.

[&o] I have not been able to get for a ride now for weeks...nothing but wind, rain , cold temps, and snow flurry's etc. I live in this cold place where the season is short. I will have to put her to bed for the winter this weekend I believe. Not much hope of a ride now. This is the time when I wish I lived in a warmer client. Riding all year I can't imagine[:@]. I do snowmobile so that is something to look forward to over the winter. ****!!! I'm getting depressed writing this[:'(]. Anydoby got a room to rent in the south. I come with the bike though ha ha ha. That would be me in the picture with the sweetie I have to store for the winter.

Campdreamer (edited spelling correction)

[IMG]local://upfiles/2324/76FD6E5B6BE3429E854D061DD4991B72.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:22 PM
Crowdog
Tourer
Default RE: I have to put her away.

Middle Tennessee is supposed to be in the high 70's/low 80's this weekend.

Ride safe....ahhhhhh...ride the snowmobile safe.

Crow

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:23 PM
Beefcake
Tourer

As Nelson from The Simpsons would say, HA-HA!

Just kidding boss! Time to move to a warmer climate! Here in SoCal, I'll be able to ride my scoot to Grandma's on Christmas Morning!

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:24 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior

Oh, I feel your pain! My rides are getting shorter and shorter here in Chicago. I do have some new modifications I plan to have done over the winter so I do have that to look forward to!

Kicks

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:25 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

My condolences. We live in quake country here in So Cal but at least we can ride year round. Have a great and safe snowmobile season.

JC

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:31 PM
campdreamer47
|
Tourer

Will thanks for all the happy and warm feeling's ha ha. I can't even begin to imagine riding in December. Going to a xmas party on your bike now that sounds cool. I guess winter is coming to the Northern US and other parts of Canada so a lot will be doing what I have to do. Good point about addittions over the winter though ummmmm.

Campdreamer

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:34 PM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

i have plenty of room ill make sure the bike is well taken care of!!

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:34 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member

We are leaving tomorrow morning for our Bullhead City Az. house. It is 90 here and 98 there. There is a ralley at London Bridge in Lake Havasu Az. this weekend. The following weekend is Run for Fun weekend in Laughlin Nv. (acorss the water from Bullhead)

It is shorts and t-shirt weather, and will be for at least another month...sorry.

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:39 PM
rolltide_az
6th Gear

The best thing about Arizona is being able to ride durring every month of the year! In August we might get about 4 inches of rain but after that all clear skys. 120 degrees on the freeway durring rush hour is a bear though.

Old 10-12-2005 | 11:53 PM
gunz
Cruiser

O.K. I have an idea, To keep from moving, or missing your scoot, Buy a harley motor for your snowmobile! then at least you can enjoy the sound and when you miss your bike, you can go for a snowmobile ride to ease the pain? Wow i am getting excited just thinking about a sled settin there thumpin with the big v twin. Whadda ya think? probally not so much, but it was a thought never the less

Quick Reply: I have to put her away.