General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ear plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 12:17 PM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default ear plugs

Anyone have experience using Ear Peace ear plugs , while riding ? Would like to hear pros and cons ! No pun intended . lol ! Ebert

Old 08-04-2017, 12:45 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

There was a thread on these not to long ago. I didn't look that hard for it. Anyway...

I wear ear plugs similar to them when I ride because of the wind and have for many years. The wind drive me nuts, even with a 3/4 helmet and face shield. It's so bad, I can't hear my pipes but it doesn't completely block out other things like cars going by. They're easy to clean and last a long time.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:58 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,221 Likes on 12,056 Posts

I wear hearing aid style custom molded plugs without the hearing aid. Lexus quiet when I ride.
My were made at a hearing aid shop, about $60.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:06 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,679 Likes on 1,665 Posts

I've been a dedicated ear plug wearer for over 20 years. Won't ride without them.

I think specific ear plug preference is a pretty individualized thing. What works for me are 3M E-A-Rsoft types. I buy them by the box,
like this like this

Each pair lasts a week or so, so a box lasts pretty near forever. (Or at least four or five years.)

Old 08-04-2017, 07:30 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 128 Likes on 116 Posts

I wear them all the time unless Im in the city and need to be more self conscious of those cagers.

Long rides with wind noise will kill your hearing over time.

I won't go into the science of long term exposure to noise for hearing loss. But hwy riding is a must to wear unless you don't value your hearing. I even wear it with full face helmet.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:59 AM
LoneWoolf
Stellar HDF Member
Received 714 Likes on 488 Posts

I have been wearing ear plugs for almost 30 yrs. These are the best non custom I've found. Mine are almost 2 yrs old, and still 100%.

Amazon Amazon

Old 08-05-2017, 08:44 AM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
I've been a dedicated ear plug wearer for over 20 years. Won't ride without them.
+1^^^

Originally Posted by 0maha
I think specific ear plug preference is a pretty individualized thing.
+1^^^

I personally haven't tried the Ear Peace ear plugs. The first strike against them - for me - is that they install into the ear canal. Anything put into - putting pressure on - my ear canals drives me crazy. I use these:

http://www.cvs.com/shop/personal-car...-prodid-457795

They are very comfortable (I quickly forget that they are there) and can be re-used many times. To me they provide just the right amount of noise reduction. They take out wind noise and the exhaust echo chamber that my FF helmet (they also work well with my half helmet) can create. In the process, they make the things I want to hear audible. They are inexpensive and readily available. Mack's makes similar ear plugs, and can be found anywhere if needed. However, I've always preferred the CVS ones. They seem slightly different. The CVS ones have a little more stick to them in my opinion that better facilitates getting a good seal. That "stick" also seems to last longer on the CVS ones, extending the number of uses.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:14 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

I always wear earplugs, even when I'm wearing a full face. No need to spend tons of money on them. While wearing my full face I use the foam type you can buy at any CVS or Walmart. They're soft and don't interfere with the padding inside my helmet. When go go half shell or no helmet I use triple flange Surefire EP4 ear plugs. They block noise well and stay in you ears. They also have filters that you can open or close. Open works great because you can still hear sounds you need to and have a conversation.

http://www.surefire.com/ep4-sonic-defenders-plus.html

Old 08-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,204 Likes on 7,372 Posts

I read great reviews on these last year. Had to order them online from across the pond. Have NOT been disappointed. Would definately buy them again.

I had a thread on these last year if you search and there were many other good options listed also.

Wind noise is very dangerous to your hearing!

Attached Thumbnails ear plugs-img_3600.jpg   ear plugs-img_3601.jpg   ear plugs-img_3603.jpg  
Old 08-13-2017, 09:45 PM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
I read great reviews on these last year. Had to order them online from across the pond. Have NOT been disappointed. Would definately buy them again.

I had a thread on these last year if you search and there were many other good options listed also.

Wind noise is very dangerous to your hearing!
I have these also and they do not work for me ! Ebert

Quick Reply: ear plugs