General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

38 years..........a sappy post

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 08:56 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 38 years..........a sappy post

[sm=wtf.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]I can't believe its taken me 38 years to realize that riding solo on a motorcycle is the most amazing feeling I have ever experienced (well.............almost).[sm=grinangel.gif]

I started in Febuary with the MSF course. Puttered around the neighborhood until MBBW in May - where I was callously thrown to the wolves by my hubby to either "sh*t or get off the pot" and actually RIDE the bike that I absolutely HAD to have. Then back home again, puttering even more around the local town streets...........

Well today I decided I had the cajones to do a road trip. Now mind you, MY road trip idea is lame compared to you strapping biker boys and babes, but its MY road trip, so I can make it anything I want. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

SO - we hop onto Hwy 1 to head out to Columbia SC. Our destination was about 70 miles away. I didn't feel confident to hop onto I-20 so the back roads was our avenue. Chump change. But it was F'N HOT!!!! 92 and rising. And me in my jeans and boots........... sooooooo not cool. (did I mention it was F'N hot?????????? [sm=icon_flaming.gif])

SO - my hubby says to me as we are heading home..... "You feeling like you can handle I-20? I'll take it easy and we'll go at your pace". Yeh. Ok. FINE.I can't bea candy a$$ my whole life. I know!!! I mean, if I want to enjoy bike rides and so forth I have to actually venture past the 55mph mark so lets go for it...........

[sm=happybounce.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

Man I gotta tell ya - something about that road just hit right today and I was having a BLAST!!!!!!! My needle went as high as 85mph (ok well maybe 82 but thats still F'N QUICK for me and my Sporty). At one point I BLEW past my hubby like a bat out of hell and I could swear I saw his jaw drop when I rounded him!! (yeh so he might say I am exaggerating a bit but I assure you, that is EXACTLY how it happened!)

38 years to find this feeling.................. man what a RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 38 years..........a sappy post

Yeah...blew by me.....uh huh....at least until you ran out of gas going down the highway and didn't know what happened.

We can change your SN to speed racer now.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:20 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hammer02

Yeah...blew by me.....uh huh....at least until you ran out of gas going down the highway and didn't know what happened.

We can change your SN to speed racer now.
Ok see now isn't that just typical of a guy who's ego has been bruised by a chick (such as this one blowing past you like I was sucking white off rice) to hit me where it hurts?????

Ok yeh, so I have never frickin driven a cluth, and what the F is a friggin petcock anyway?? Nothing to do with gas on a motorcycle in my book.

So yeh. My bike starts to sputter. And yeh I had no idea what was happening. And what did my dearly beloved do as I floundered and drifted to the side of the f'n INTERSTATE as my bike stalled out on me cuz I ran out of gas??? (Yeh I figured out I ran out of gas and flipped the thingy. Geezz.........)

Well I'll tell ya what he did. He KEPT RIDING!!!! Probably afraid that once I figured it out I'd take his **** all over again!!!!!!!! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 06-09-2007, 09:44 PM
99superglide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful turning on the reserve while moving, ie. make sure you aren't cranking on the throttle when you do this.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

No worries on that...speed racer can't take one hand off the bars yet...... [sm=owned.gif]

Old 06-09-2007, 09:53 PM
[Hooligan]
Road Master

lol... good story speed racer!! It was a hot one too

Congrats on the "rush"

Old 06-09-2007, 09:56 PM
[Hooligan]
Road Master

No worries on that...speed racer can't take one hand off the bars yet...... [sm=owned.gif]
haha... because at those high speeds.. there is so much pressure.. you could blow right off the bike!

that is awesome that she rides... I wish my girl would get her own.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

Her bike was an expensive solo seat...but it seems to be working. [sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 06-09-2007, 10:00 PM
x2lee
Banned

Ahh a happy couple, Hope she didnt muss yer feathers when she blew by ya on that sporty
Hey I hear theres a real nice leather shop in Columbia that has the one at the flea market on 56 and the harleys leather stuff priced in half? Did ya hear of that place?

My wife still gets her endorphin rush by getting her palm read [&:]she says its "spooky"

Sounds like yall had Fun.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:00 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

CyclChyk, you know the saying "If I have to explain you wouldn't understand?"

Well, until you do it, and unless you've got the jean to get it, no one can realize that other than maybe being a parent, there isn't a feeling in the world better than hangin with a few good buds while you've got your knees in the breeze. Don't be upset that it took you 38 years to do it. Be glad that you did find riding and that you can do it for the rest of your life.

Oh, and take it easy on hubby next time. He's probably scared to go over 70.

Quick Reply: 38 years..........a sappy post