Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

38 years..........a sappy post

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:07 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: 38 years..........a sappy post

And here I thought this was going to be some sappy post about being married for 38 years or somethign. GOOD for you girl! Just keep getting out there...you'll get more & more confident and the ony way to do it is to just ride. My hubby threw me to the wolves and I did a 450 mile road trip 3 months after I started riding and he took me to the Dragon. Talk about STRESS!!!! I had never been on the highway, never been over 70 and never been on twisties. I don't recommed doing all those firsts at once but I'll tell you after that trip my confidence on that bike rose 150%. So keep on riding....you'll be taking twisties like a champ in NO TIME!!!!

Old 06-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Married for 38 years??

Is that even possible.

We're old...but gawd we aren't that old yet.

Hmmm the dragon you say....that's only a couple hours away...and suddenly she likes the highway???

Old 06-10-2007, 11:46 AM
jchildress21
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are killing me! It sounds like me and my wife talking. My wife took the MSF course in 2003. Bought her an 883 Hugger. She said "anything bigger, and I can't handle it." Ok.... last summer, we picked up her 05 Heritage Classic. Guess she realized a bike is a bike once you get them moving. Every once in a while, we'll be out riding and she get's the Speedracer syndrome. Most of the time, 45-55 is her comfort zone. Once in a while, out of nowhere, she'll pass me and run hers up to 80 or 85. At Myrtle this year, a few of us took a little ride up to Wilmington. On the way back, I was in the very back of our group. She was in front of me. We're rolling down 17 about 60 mph or so. All of a sudden, she jumps outta line and takes off like a bat outta hell. I think it's her Speedracer coming out, so I follow her. I passed her a little of 90. Never even looked over at her. As I checked my mirror, I see her left hand holding her bikini top in place!!!! I slow down so she is beside me. As she was riding, the strap across her back broke! There is nowhere on 17 to pull over, no shoulder, nothing. Every mile or so is an emergency pull off. I'm laughing my *** off at her. At some point, she has to let go of the top and grab the clutch! Had she been thinking, she could have let go of the throttle, grabbed her top with that hand, pulled the clutch in, shifted into neutral and slowed to a stop without letting the top go. OH NO, never crossed her mind. About 1/8 mile ahead, we see the pull off. She lets go of the top and starts to slow into the pulloff. Every trucker in North Carolina must have been on 17 that afternoon. Imagine the image....Hot biker chick riding down the road on her own bike, white boobies shown for the whole world to see. As our group got stopped, none of us could stop laughing, including her. Just a little comment on your thread.
Joey

Old 06-10-2007, 11:49 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hammer02

Married for 38 years??

Is that even possible.

We're old...but gawd we aren't that old yet.

Hmmm the dragon you say....that's only a couple hours away...and suddenly she likes the highway???
Is it highway 40 thru Asheville? We rode that one the way to ******'s and it was the most beautiful highway I ever saw. Nothing like the highways here. It was curvy and beautiful and had tunnels. I'd ride those highways anyday!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2007, 01:27 PM
tga
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hammer02

Helen would be a great ride. We've never been there but I have heard a lot about it.

That sounds like it'd make a great fall ride too.....the whole leaf peeping thing.

Being from Maine originally.....I LOVE the cool temps.
I live about 15 minutes from Helen, GA. It's real nice up here, although it gets almost as hot and humid here as in other places. Leaf looking time brings bumper to bumper traffic through town on the weekends. I try to use the backroads when riding the area that time of year. From Helen, you do have access to a lot of neat places to ride... like Dragon's Tail, Cherokee, Maggie Valley, Newfound Gap, Blood Mountain, Highway 60, the Suches run, Richard Russell Highway, etc...

Old 06-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maggie Valley Rocks.

Joey....that story is TOO funny! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 06-10-2007, 02:33 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, welcome to the club

Old 06-10-2007, 03:41 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know as much as my goodies are for the viewing pleasure of my hubby only (poor guy) I must confess that had this happened to me I might have just had to say "F'IT!" and let em flap!! Your story is a RIOT!

ORIGINAL: jchildress21

You guys are killing me! It sounds like me and my wife talking. My wife took the MSF course in 2003. Bought her an 883 Hugger. She said "anything bigger, and I can't handle it." Ok.... last summer, we picked up her 05 Heritage Classic. Guess she realized a bike is a bike once you get them moving. Every once in a while, we'll be out riding and she get's the Speedracer syndrome. Most of the time, 45-55 is her comfort zone. Once in a while, out of nowhere, she'll pass me and run hers up to 80 or 85. At Myrtle this year, a few of us took a little ride up to Wilmington. On the way back, I was in the very back of our group. She was in front of me. We're rolling down 17 about 60 mph or so. All of a sudden, she jumps outta line and takes off like a bat outta hell. I think it's her Speedracer coming out, so I follow her. I passed her a little of 90. Never even looked over at her. As I checked my mirror, I see her left hand holding her bikini top in place!!!! I slow down so she is beside me. As she was riding, the strap across her back broke! There is nowhere on 17 to pull over, no shoulder, nothing. Every mile or so is an emergency pull off. I'm laughing my *** off at her. At some point, she has to let go of the top and grab the clutch! Had she been thinking, she could have let go of the throttle, grabbed her top with that hand, pulled the clutch in, shifted into neutral and slowed to a stop without letting the top go. OH NO, never crossed her mind. About 1/8 mile ahead, we see the pull off. She lets go of the top and starts to slow into the pulloff. Every trucker in North Carolina must have been on 17 that afternoon. Imagine the image....Hot biker chick riding down the road on her own bike, white boobies shown for the whole world to see. As our group got stopped, none of us could stop laughing, including her. Just a little comment on your thread.
Joey

Old 06-10-2007, 03:45 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior

Oh and for the record, all this crap talk about trippling insurance???? Trust me - he don't want to do his own laundry. He won't let nothin' happen to me

Old 06-10-2007, 03:50 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior

ya gotta air'em out now and then....

Quick Reply: 38 years..........a sappy post