General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M.S.C.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 08:38 PM
tattoofreaksb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M.S.C.

All I can say is that it was hot as hell out there today on the pavement for the Motocycle Safety Course. It's been a pretty much fubared day if ya ask me. You name it, I've seen it. Starting this morning was like a joke. Mounting & dismounting your bike for some. Others found different ways to dismount a bike. One lady fell over (don't know what she was trying) & hit the lady beside her & made her fall & the 3rd guy in line almost fell. After a few min. of B.S. a totally different girl forgot to put down the kick stand & her bike fell on her.
Pushing those bikes all the way to the riding range really sucked *** also. Once on the course, I saw a couple of them fall, don't know how to let go of throttle when down on ground, etc....etc.... With the heat of the day & all this ****, the teacher & his wife (both instructors) were getting pretty pissed off. One lady kept having the soles of her shoes to come off.....lmao They duct taped them up 2 different times today. I think she needs a new pair. Gimme a break, if you can't afford a pair of shoes what the **** are you doing trying to learn how to ride a motorcycle? Well, the first lady that fell this morning & started the domino effect couldn't get anything right & was all over the course. Not sure if she quit or they told her to go home but she left. That was the first one down. Next the lady with the shoes was carried out on the Ambulance because of heat or something (also was a diabetic). She held us up big time trying to get around the course because of not giving it any gas & we were all piling up behind her & couldn't do our exercises because of not enough speed & the teachers were getting pissed.
The lady that didn't put down her kickstand this morning was also having some trouble. She just got a new Honda 750 Shadow & has just rode it around her neighborhood. Her husband was also taking the course & he just bought a used CBR 600. This was a younger couple & she couldn't take the pressure either from the teachers. Teach got on her for dragging her feet & she started crying. Took a break & next thing I know her husband said F$#@ this **** & they left also. That made 4 gone for the day so far. Not sure how many will back in the morning but were're down to 7 people in class now. Sure makes it alot easier on the range now. Only bad thing I heard today was that I just got run over by an 18 wheeler...... Went around a little curve & I didn't know I was suppose to go between the line & the little 3 cones. I was on the other side of line & he said I was in the other guys lane when I pulled out. Well ****, you can believe it sure didn't happen again when I came back around to him on the next round.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:04 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: M.S.C.

Wow. My first day with MSF was NOTHING like that!!!!

Hope day two goes much better for you - and hey, that 18wheeler will probably take out the arrogant instructor firstanyway.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

ain't it great!! when you get done, you will look back and say how great it was and encourage others to take it. its just the S***s when you're there.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:27 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just goes to prove that not all the idiots on the road are cagers.[&:]

Old 06-09-2007, 09:35 PM
fatboy44
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds like you had a good time!

Old 06-09-2007, 10:19 PM
tattoofreaksb
Tourer

ORIGINAL: fatboy44

Sounds like you had a good time!
Yeah, but man it was hot. I think the best time really was the ride on the way to class & home this afternoon. Nice 74 degrees on the way in this morning & it was nice to cruise about 75mph on the way home instead of barely moving in 1st & 2nd gear on the Honda Rebel 250. I know the heat index was suppose to heat a 100 degrees today & it was hotter than that on the asphalt. At least it's only suppose to be 90 degrees Sunday & less humid.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Davesurf
Cruiser

I took the MSF course in Dec. somedude in the class played chicken with a fence, he lost. Said to say he passed the course.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:37 AM
jethro001
Tourer

I am glad that I never had to do that started riding when I was 13 on a Lambretti scooter and progressed to bigger dirt bikes......riding in the dirt makes riding on the road easy!!!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:05 AM
tattoofreaksb
Tourer

Well, to start with I had 3 paragraphs typed from today & this damn laptop crashed on me & I couldn't do **** for posting what I had. I must say that today went alot better & smoother than yesterday. I passed & no one got hurt today.....lol The first lady that started the domino effect yesterday had called the teachers sometime & told them that after she left she went to urgent care. Told her that she had broke her hand. That's when she fell the first time on mounting & dismounting. No wonder you couldn't ride if her damn hand was broke. I'm tired & don't feel like typing everything I had before but if you haven't ever taken one of these classes, I would suggest you do. Then you'll really see how good you think you are....lol Headed down to the DMV in the morning to pick up my endorsement. I will say the the teach told me one time today that I was going pretty fast through one of the curves we had to do. Guess it was because I really had it leaned over if ya know what I mean. The peg never dragged the ground because my foot was so big it covered it but the heel of my boot sure scrapped on the pavement......hehe What else to you expect out of a 350lb street bike. You can ride the **** out of one of those little things. Felt like I've been on a mini bike all weekend. Told my teacher that I needed a Corbin seat because the one on the bike was about to kill my ***....lol She just laughed & thought it was funny.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:19 AM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior

I'm hoping the chick with the broke hand decides against riding solo. Her being on the road scares me [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Quick Reply: M.S.C.