General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride In Jock Strap Only

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Helix
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride In Jock Strap Only

Ya Dogsof war I hear ya. Were all fools and tough guys .I have deep Olive skin tone soI thought that I wouldnt be the fool / tough guyyou speak of.I sat out In the desert sun during the Storm/Shield for longer and in less gear but didnt get fried like I did yesterday.I've Been Riding bikes since I was 16 and thats over 30 years so I do have a Little seat time.I Just underestimated the Ole Texas weather and I didnt expect to be out in direct sun that long. Thats a pretty broad / crass statement you make - maybe the tough guy/fool you saw was on the lake all day and was riding his bike to work/errand? As far as you wearing a Jacket and FF helmet when Its 94 degrees and 90% Humidity ... well dude you are the tough guy/foolIMHO.Just my 50 cents worth ...nothing more.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:58 PM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been known to wear shorts on a few occasions. I have done a few rides bareback too (yeah yeah not safe I know) but I have never rode in flip flops.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I were just a big buttplug.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:31 PM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior

I misjudged it big time today.
Once again it goes from nice spring weather to hotter than h3ll over night (seems like) in texas. 4 hours in the hill country, most of the time under cloud cover (infrared will still get you) and now baked like a lobster, except for where my sunglasses protected me. Raccoon eyes again......

Old 06-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Bassman
Road Master

Typically, I wear jeans, boots, gloves, vest. But I also wear Under Armour Heat Gear (Shirt,underwear and socks) which really helps.
I saw they have Jock Staps now also

I just picked up a HD Mesh Jacket, so I am going to give that a try.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:12 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Here in the desert the sun will burn you to a crisp, so I always wear either my Levi jacket or my HD mesh jacket. Long as I'm moving, and perspire a little, the air around me cools me down pretty good. Its just when I stop moving I get a little overheated. Like another guy, I get skin cancers, not good to expose myself too long.

I wore flip flops to the car wash once. Darn near tripped over those things and nearly dropped the bike. Tennis shoes or boots always.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:08 AM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

Even in the Humidity in Hawaii I had Jeans, Boots, and T-shirt. In CA I ride with full gear when commuting no matter what the weather...On weekends in hot weather I sometimes forgo the jacket. My switchback jacket is great though...I get the armor and still get some air.

we don't get the humidity here tobadly though.
a aquaintance of mine does stunt shows and videos for a living and he has agreat video shoot of him in waikiki going down the road in shorts, flippers and snorkel gear riding a bad *** wheelie while sitting on the tank. laughed my *** off when i saw it.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:58 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

jeans and tshirt if local riding... and my boots always(thin sock vs heavy sock if really warm)

anything outside of that range at least my leather jacket with all the vents opened up.. so i sweat a bit, that's what them new fangled bottles of spray cologne are for... like that AXE stuff or such
carry a small one in ur bag or something.... or are prone to stink or such haha
wash more often LOL

antiperspirant too

Old 06-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Demkay
Road Master

In the canaries it's too stinkin' hot.

I generally wear jeans, boots, and then a tank with a open long sleeved shirt over it. That just keeps the sun off.

I do have a fingerless pair of gloves for highway driving.

Otherwise it's ripped up surf shorts, bareback & decent sneakers. NEVER EVER with flip flops, tried that once, man, never again.

Makes me drive safe at least. I've got so little experience, i drive real easy, and slow. Don't take the highway very often, ...... hell, we only got one highway here, and it's not that long.

Went to another island last week where there are longer highways and it's a lot bigger, man, was glad I had a pair of gloves.

Edit..//.... I hear ya on the sun though, gotta get decent waterproof lotion.