General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride In Jock Strap Only

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 08:26 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ride In Jock Strap Only

did you ride the Hog rally today from Augusta HD? Saw a bunch of folks there earlier but didnt stop in. I put about 70 miles on today yeah hot.
Its gonna get worse

ORIGINAL: Hammer02

I sweat my nuts off today....we did about 200 miles but couldn't take anymore.....too friggin hot.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

No we didn't ride with them but did cross paths with it. I didn't know it was a Hog ride but that explains it.

10-4 on the heat...I know it gets hotter although today was about 95 in Columbia...plus we didn't head out until after noon which was a mistake.

A guy I work with recently transferred here from Buffalo. We're talking the other day and he was pretty proud of himself telling me that the summer wasn't as bad as he expected. He agreed it was hot in the south but was handling it ok.

Bear in mind this was on an 80 degree day.....he was a little surprised to find out that the hot weather hadn't even hit yet. Come July 80 will be a cool spring like day.

I see shorts and a tank in my future......I'll just have to refrain from crashing until cooler weather shows up. [&:]

Old 06-09-2007, 08:32 PM
1tank
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah,the thought crossed my mind. We took a trip to the wichita mountains and Lawton today and it was ungodly hot.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:38 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior

wish that hot weather would get here to so cal really enjoy 85/100 degree riding boots jeans tank top fingerless gloves oh yes and a damn helmet. seriously we have been freezing 75/80 only .. still have to wear a jacket

[IMG]local://upfiles/5757/712D44FCE6674B45B29AB62ECCD7F259.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-09-2007, 08:51 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just make sure you have it facing forward. if not, the lump in the back is a dead give-away to any fudge packers.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:32 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1tank

Yeah,the thought crossed my mind. We took a trip to the wichita mountains and Lawton today and it was ungodly hot.
Hope you had a cold one in Medicine Park. Try the Chickasha, Cement, Cyril, Fletcher and Elgin route by going South on 81 out of Chickasha sometime. That's how I went last week and it was a nice ride.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:38 PM
1tank
1st Gear

We sure did, and came back through Elgin, over to Rush Springs then back east. Stopped inChaps My *** for the first time today. Pretty cool place

Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1tank

We sure did, and came back through Elgin, over to Rush Springs then back east. Stopped inChaps My *** for the first time today. Pretty cool place
Yeah, Chaps My *** is a pretty nice little Harley shop. Did you stop in at the Winery of the Wichitas and do a little wine tasting? Their Pinot Grigio is really nice.

http://wineryofthewichitas.com/mainpage.htm

Old 06-10-2007, 10:18 AM
HDSapper
Intermediate

T-shirt, Jeans, and boots is as stripped down as I go. It was 96 and humid yesterday in south GA and I put about 250 miles on with long sleeves. When its warm enough, it doesn't matter. The only difference a t-shirt or tank would have made yesterday would have been a sunburn.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:01 AM
MikeyB
Tourer

I'm use to riding in blast furnaces. Be sure to drink plenty of water, riding in the heat will dehydrate the body very quickly.

MikeyB

Quick Reply: Ride In Jock Strap Only