General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Rally Rankles Residents

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007 | 04:54 PM
dynamike74
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Bike Rally Rankles Residents

Bike Rally Rankles Residents - Adult-themed event will be located next to church.

http://www.brainbucketmag.com/News/a.../sid=1822.html

Old 06-09-2007 | 05:15 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior
Default RE: Bike Rally Rankles Residents

I realize this will more than likely be an unpopular take, but.....If in fact the proposed rally is designated to take place within the confines of a residential area (as is reported), then I would have to side with those in oppositionof same. Each of us knows full well what takes place both at and around bike rallies. Such activities (however harmless) are not ones which I would want presiding within earshot and eyesight of any neighborhood children, et al. All things considered, I think a better venue would best be suited for such an event. Just my take.

Old 06-09-2007 | 05:16 PM
akenaten
Banned

Not that I have anything against oil wrestling but why the hell can't anyone have a bike rally that's actually about motorcycles? Why does there always have to be *****,bimbos and general prostitution of a bunch of women? Go to a strip club if that's what you want.
Now don't misunderstand: I LOVE the female form clothed or not. But when rally organizers start putting ***** shows near churches etc...a lot of people(locals) are gonna get pissed. So not only do they get naked bimbos but a sea of Harley uniforms,drunks and loud pipes. Anybody wanna take a guess why a shitload of people in this country don't like bikers?
Let the biker indignation begin![sm=popcorn.gif][sm=smiley18.gif]

Old 06-09-2007 | 05:25 PM
dynamike74
|
Outstanding HDF Member

My opinion on this is mixed.

I agree with you guys about exposing this to children. Holding a rally in a residential area isn't right cause people can't have any reasonable expectation that their children won't be exposed to it. It's one thing to hold a rally in an area that is not residential, as parents can just take their children if they don't want to expose them to that environment.

Now, if the rally is being held near a church and the Pastor is worried about bringing sinners near his church, then I have an issue with that. I'm not Christian, more Agnostic. But doesn't the bible teach Christians to "go forth and seek ye sinners and preach the word of God."? Sounds to me like a great opportunity to witness to people and do God's work.

akenaten, I can't really comment on your issue, 'cause, well look at the link in my sig. But, that's a way of life. Guys like looking at hot chicks and they will come when you have them doing stuff that's sexy. That's all there is to it.

Old 06-09-2007 | 05:38 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: dynamike74
Now, if the rally is being held near a church and the Pastor is worried about bringing sinners near his church, then I have an issue with that. I'm not Christian, more Agnostic. But doesn't the bible teach Christians to "go forth and seek ye sinners and preach the word of God."? Sounds to me like a great opportunity to witness to people and do God's work.
I fully agree. My concerns stemmed from the residential location and its residents as opposed to the allegedimpact upon the church in question. The church - in my view - is not unlike any other commercial enterprise in today's society. Sadly, but more often than not, it's no longerabout the congregation. It's about the Benjamin's and the solicitations (donations). Granted, this is not the case 'across the board'. There are many pastors who truly are - in my opinion - doing God's work (in a manner of speaking). But in that same breath, there are also others (increasing in number daily) whose own personal lifestyles and actions therein are anything but 'Godly'. Just my take.

Old 06-09-2007 | 08:50 PM
x2lee
Banned

There is a time and a place for everything under the sun.
I think this was not the place.

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

I realize this will more than likely be an unpopular take, but.....If in fact the proposed rally is designated to take place within the confines of a residential area (as is reported), then I would have to side with those in oppositionof same. Each of us knows full well what takes place both at and around bike rallies. Such activities (however harmless) are not ones which I would want presiding within earshot and eyesight of any neighborhood children, et al. All things considered, I think a better venue would best be suited for such an event. Just my take.

Old 06-09-2007 | 08:55 PM
x2lee
Banned

Its said Jesus ate with sinners and saved many.
But I think the point here is influencing young teens that the church is hosting.

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

My opinion on this is mixed.

I agree with you guys about exposing this to children. Holding a rally in a residential area isn't right cause people can't have any reasonable expectation that their children won't be exposed to it. It's one thing to hold a rally in an area that is not residential, as parents can just take their children if they don't want to expose them to that environment.

akenaten, I can't really comment on your issue, 'cause, well look at the link in my sig. But, that's a way of life. Guys like looking at hot chicks and they will come when you have them doing stuff that's sexy. That's all there is to it.

Old 06-09-2007 | 09:06 PM
Peekaboo Bob
Outstanding HDF Member

The little town of Hulett, WY doesn't seem to have a problem hosting "No Panties Wednesday" during the Sturgis rally. Gee, do you think their might be a bit of lewdness there? They turn the bank into a bar, they close the post office, and the local church (Baptist I think) feeds as many as possible a free lunch while passing out free water and messages of salvation. A Pastor worth his cross would see opportunity, not inconvenience.