General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Dealers in Southeastern Florida

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Stevehat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Dealers in Southeastern Florida

Hey Gang......not sure if this post is ok but............I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a nightster, maybeeven as soon as tomorrow. Anyone had any good/bad experiences with Harley dealers in West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale areas?? If it's not cool to post anything negative you can pm me. Thanks much

Steve

Old 06-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Alias
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Harley Dealers in Southeastern Florida

I would give the Lakeland Dealer a call and get a price from them and then go/call to the dealer in Stewart, Treasure Coast HD and see if they will meet or beat the Lakeland price.

Lakeland seems to have the best prices in Florida and Treasure Coast has great service and will deal with you.

But if it was me, I would wait a month and see what the '08's have in store. If there are big changes in the '08's I would get one, if not you may get a really good deal on the '07.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:30 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've delt with just about every Harley dealer in south Florida and must say they have all treated me with the up mostrespect.Bruce Rossmeyer HD treats me like a family member. The parts guys are nice to deal with andreally know their stuff.Mostly I use the one off sample road in pompano. Good luck!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:54 PM
MR. SCOOTINN
Tourer

They are pretty high...but stick with stewart..most likely your best price...palm beach always seems high unless they will match it...when you need to service your bike or need some work done on it check out steveos bike shop in jupiter a good guy & honest...

Old 06-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Stevehat
Advanced

Thanks gang.............I've actually been in Palm Beach to see what the nightster looked like and sit on it. Do they stick with the "sticker" price or add the dealer prep/stuff to that figure. Seems to me they should be like a car dealer and all of the dealer prep, tax, etc. is on the sticker. That seems wrong to put a "price tag" on a bike then when you say you want one add all the other prices on them. Palm Beach seemed to have the msrp's on thier little tags...........?? I haven't talked to any other dealers yet. In fact I haven't bought a new bike yet. Only a new one from a dealer and there was no sticker involved.

Steve

Old 06-08-2007, 10:23 PM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I grew up in Miami and have been in most of the dealers in S. Fla over the years. Of all the dealers I have been in, even out of the state, Petersons treated me the best. My father bought his Wide Glide there, they gave me a fair deal on my Sporty trade towards my first Dyna and always made us feel at home. To this day, I believe Drew Peterson would recognize and welcome me personally and I havent been in the store in 6yrs or so. When I bought my '95 Dyna, he threw me the keys and told me to take it for a spin(unheard of at the time) that was the selling point. His father runs the "North Store" in North Miami, and do a good business as well.. Although I prefer the Perine(South Store), either would still be at the top of my list of places to buy a new bike, and I live in Georgia now.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Stevehat
Advanced

Walked into Palm Beach Harley today ready to buy. Bad experience (I posted it in the Bad Experience section). Too bad. I hope all Harley dealerships aren't like that. If they are I'll have to keep my Honda, and I don't want to do that.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Dogwood
Tourer

Go to Treasure Coast HD in Stuart, it will be "night and day" from Palm Beach HD.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:02 AM
fxrsjohn
Cruiser

My brother bought his 06 street glide from Palm Beach Harley. They talk a good line to get you to buy but their service dept. sucks. I would deal with Treasure Coast Harley in Stuart.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:57 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Bought two biks from Petersons north store, been to the South store and found the service similar, really good. Shopped at Rossmeyers also, only thing I get there is breakfast at the new store, they have a used car salesman attitude, mark up the biuke and haggle over the price. Petersons gives you sticker price plus tax and set up. Foloow up service is very good.

Quick Reply: Harley Dealers in Southeastern Florida