General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop light sharing.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Time2ride
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Stop light sharing.

ORIGINAL: ken thompson

DirtyDave, Sounds like your by yourself on this one. But then again your probably used to being by yourself.
I agree with DirtyDave, and I am usually by myself, by choice. Not that I'd tell you to f*ck off if you stopped next to me- it happens once in awhile when the crown on the road oran oil slickforcesme to stop off center.I'll offer a nod but don't encourage conversation, as I'm usually watching traffic crossing,scoping out the cars waiting to turn left in front of me,and my mirrors. Don't have time to bullshit and ain't a good bullshitter anyway.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:46 PM
ABQJ
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm stopped at a light and someone pulls up next to me, no problem

What gets my attention is the guy who passess me at speed within the same lane without my knowledge. Now if I'm at a rally I'm watching for this and will wave the guy by me. But when I'm just tooling around town and someone comes screaming up next to me and passes me unawares, well let's just say it can be a startling experience.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:00 AM
volkdeluxe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: New2Harley

I don't care one bit if somebody comes up alongside of me at a red light, and I myself do it all the time. Gives you time to say "Hey, great day for a ride", etc. Once the light turns green, I separate however....I won't ride parade style next to somebody I don't know, nor do I want somebody to do that to me.

But....to say hello? No problem. If you have issues with somebody pulling up next to you to say hello, I guess you're what they call "anti social"
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:13 AM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, mabie your gonna turn left at the intersection and the person who just pulled up next to you might be goin straight. Could be a unsafe action going on here. Yeah give me some frickin elbow room.[8D]

Old 06-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DirtyDave

Don't you hate it when someone you don't know comes up next to you at a stop light (same lane) and stops! [:@]I ask them, in a unfriendly tone,"do you know me?" When they say "no", I tell them to get the F@#K out of MY space! I always stop in the center of the lane to try to discourge it from happening, but some people are just ignoant.[sm=icon_beat.gif]
Doesn't bother me ... if someone told me to get the F$%k out of their space ... one of us is getting his a$$ kicked and I don't care which.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:40 AM
x2lee
Banned

I cant help but think if he was to the right he would be alive. I stay to the right when Im at a light and I watch the rear now. That video is the reason. Its a little haunting.
I also get to run lights now that that law has passed I did it twice today and I did it last week while a patrol car saw. I kinda expected to be pulled.

ORIGINAL: x2lee

I wont stop in the center lane of an intersection since i saw this. scroll down about halfway.
I dont pull up beside a stranger at a light, I would consider it rude.
http://www.bikernation.net/stoplightbill.htm
Ouch! I don't think it would matter if that guy was center, left, or right. The driver wasn't paying attention nor was the rider. Staying in the center of the lane makes you most visible to traffic. You also have more options for an "out" . If your are in the left part of the lane, your only option is to go left and hope there isn't any on coming/turning traffic. The other part of stopping left or right is sometimes cages (to include trucks) will pull up right next to you. Happened to a buddy. When he yelled at the driver; "What the hell are you doing?" She said "There was enough room."
If you want to meet other riders then joint MMA or ABATE. They have local chapters and get togethers. Not to mention it to support yourrights as a motorcyclest.

And currently lane splitting is against the law in AZ. But that is a good question, what do you do when you get up front and there isn't any bike, just a car half way into the intersection????

Old 06-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Road Warrior
Outstanding HDF Member

What happens if someone stands in the next pisser over? Doyou tell them it's your bathroom too?

Old 06-08-2007, 01:03 AM
fj4069
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Road Warrior

What happens if someone stands in the next pisser over? Doyou tell them it's your bathroom too?
that one just made me laugh and spit my beer out.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:22 AM
nastyHD
Road Captain

Don't you hate it when someone you don't know comes up next to you at a stop light (same lane) and stops! [:@]I ask them, in a unfriendly tone,"do you know me?" When they say "no", I tell them to get the F@#K out of MY space! I always stop in the center of the lane to try to discourge it from happening, but some people are just ignoant.[sm=icon_beat.gif]
I've done this many times, I always try to show the other biker some respect byhanging back behind his bikea little.
With that said if you reacted the way you say you do when I pull up beside you I wouldn'teven pause before getting off my biketo knock you on your a$$!!! Try to relaxe and enjoy the ride you're gonna to get youre self hurt one day.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:38 AM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member

Dude...is it just your time of the month or what? Lighten up! Most bikers (people who ride motorcycles NO FLAMING!) just wanna feel like they are part of something bigger than just them....it's actually a compliment that they want to ride beside you. Reach over, bust knuckles with them and race to the next light! Peace.

Quick Reply: Stop light sharing.