General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polishing rather than chroming forks

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007 | 01:00 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: Polishing rather than chroming forks

I am a cheap, dumbass or maybe a half cheap, dumbass. I have two bikes. I pulled the legs and polished them on one bike and chromed them on the other. I did the polished legs over 10 years ago. They still look great. I rub them with a little Mothers once or twice a year to keep them looking good.

I guess that I am really a full blown, cheap, dumbass. I polished everything on my Ironhead. Much cheaper than chroming everything, and far better than cheesy chrome covers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17633/CB00766FFFF740529AA3851735076796.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-08-2007 | 01:06 PM
michaelbarry
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

only a cheap dumbass who enjoys extra work would polish them instead of puttin chrome lowers on...in order to properly polish them they should be removed...if you remove em, chrome em
WTF? Guess someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning. That comment seemed to be a bit out of line to me..

Old 06-08-2007 | 01:31 PM
Calwoodbutcher
Road Master

Yet another cheap dumbass here. Simple to do (yes it is time consuming) and I like the look better than chrome. Not hard to keep nice with some MAAS polish. I think this works better than semi-chrome.

Old 06-08-2007 | 03:36 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

I'm a really cheap, and lazy, dumbass. I'm not going to do anything with the forks. Doesn't make it go faster.

Old 06-08-2007 | 05:21 PM
vabubba
Tourer

Another cheap dumbass checking in with my polished forks. I didn't do chrome because I like the look alot better than chrome. My .02

Old 06-09-2007 | 12:39 AM
beachbum
Advanced

Another dumbass over here, I've always liked the look ofpolished metal. I polished the lower legs, calipers, rotors, switch halves, front master cylinder, clutch perch and clamps. Button head stainless steel screws also look great polished and don't chip like chrome. After the initial work a small touch up once in a while is all that is necessary.

Old 06-09-2007 | 04:30 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

how bout this then bud....i dont give a $hit what you think

ORIGINAL: michaelbarry

only a cheap dumbass who enjoys extra work would polish them instead of puttin chrome lowers on...in order to properly polish them they should be removed...if you remove em, chrome em
WTF? Guess someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning. That comment seemed to be a bit out of line to me..

Old 06-09-2007 | 05:33 PM
michaelbarry
Banned

Ahh oh well..I'm backin' out of this one now. Bitchin' at each other over an internet forum is a waste anyway.

Old 06-09-2007 | 05:41 PM
SiLlY
Road Warrior

I am lazy. Chrome: Get it and forget it!

Old 08-31-2007 | 11:27 PM
grizzly
Road Master

Wow, a real life tough guy with a keyboard!!! If you want to polish em, polish em. If ya want to chrome em, chrome em. Some people just need to relax.......besides...its an INTERNET FORUM!!![sm=type.gif]

Quick Reply: Polishing rather than chroming forks