General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leather fringes/tassles=gayness

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007 | 08:24 PM
x2lee
|
Banned
Default RE: leather fringes/tassles=gayness

So, I have a max cromed sportster with drag bars, Maybe the black whips WONT go well with the bike. I was thinking of making them short, 6-7 inchs. And a lot of the reason I want them is I think I want the leather on the grips themselves.I dont like the chrome.black rubber flames grips. they are sticky when I dont wear gloves and they are peeling little black specks from overuse/wearing out. If I cant get learther grips Im going to get chromed grips.

Thanks for the comments.

ORIGINAL: Babs
But really.. fringe is bike specific just like fatboy emblems, white walls, etc... I agree, a springer classic and fringe go together.. Like choppers and bikini's.. Gold wings and older folks who worked hard enough to have time off to fart around and see the country.

Old 06-07-2007 | 08:37 PM
mistermooster
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: x2lee

Ahh Some good advice. Yep your prolly right. I want then tho. I may get them anyway. She said I better not ever ever wear one of those vests. Maybe Ill give her a choice, the whips ora vest

I think I can still get the candy either way....

ORIGINAL: mistermooster

There are people whose opinion I care about on some issues, and other peoples' opinions I'll listen to on other issues.

If a wife/girl friend tells me something is 'gay', I'll listen to 'em on that topic. You don't want to compromise your masculinity in the eyes of the women you're gettin' your candy from.
Yeah, you can probably still get it. But there's a difference between being told,
"Go ahead, stick it in if you need to."
and
"Bend me over the couch and take it, you f*cking stud!"

Old 06-07-2007 | 09:04 PM
x2lee
|
Banned

LMFAO another fine point. You are someone I can listen to.

Ahh Some good advice. Yep your prolly right. I want then tho. I may get them anyway. She said I better not ever ever wear one of those vests. Maybe Ill give her a choice, the whips ora vest

There are people whose opinion I care about on some issues, and other peoples' opinions I'll listen to on other issues.

If a wife/girl friend tells me something is 'gay', I'll listen to 'em on that topic. You don't want to compromise your masculinity in the eyes of the women you're gettin' your candy from.
Yeah, you can probably still get it. But there's a difference between being told,
and

Old 06-07-2007 | 09:11 PM
fatboylust
Road Captain

Gay/Not Gay? I am not sure we are qualified to tell.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10879/57E762992EE642699CF4C31FCD9DB869.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-07-2007 | 09:18 PM
shortfatboy
Banned

I just think bikers who have tassles on their bike/clothing look funny.
no matter what I do, I look funny!!! LAUGH!!! go ahead!!!
all my friends look funny, my kids, my mom...
by the way, the long (20 in.) tassles don't beat your arms as bad as the shorter ones...

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:00 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior

I confess I am not a tassle fan as I tend to veer away from the "norm" or what is "expected" such as tassles on a Harley - but I must confess that sometimes, they look pretty cool....and I think I could like tassles/fringe......

Or not. I waffle alot.

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:11 PM
shortfatboy
Banned

Cyclchyk, if you happen to try them, just dont super glue them on!!!

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:18 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member

and

Sometimes the differentbetween a good steak and a bad one is howwell and how longyou marinateit before you cook it!!!!!

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:28 PM
volkdeluxe
Road Captain

I just put 20" fringe on my bike at MBBW, not sure if I like it yet but I'm gonna keep em on for a while to see. I don't care if other people like them or not because I make the payment.

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:32 PM
99superglide
Tourer

DO WHATEVER THE OL LIKES???????????? I don't think so!!!! My wife would love it if I would wear chaps but I wouldn't be caught dead in them things. You do what YOU want and are comfortable with and to each his own.

Quick Reply: leather fringes/tassles=gayness