General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leather fringes/tassles=gayness

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007 | 03:48 PM
FatboyRules
Cruiser
Default RE: leather fringes/tassles=gayness

ORIGINAL: PWHOG

ORIGINAL: glebo

well, hate to tellya, but some people even consider "studded" leather stuff associated with gay also, LOL. I do like your saddle bags, and NO I'M NOT. All that studded/tassle stuff has been associated with bikes long before all this "gay" crap came about. But I suppose the Village people didn't help matters by dressing the way they did. Now anything that resembles what they wore can be considered gay by some.
Well the studded bags on the Heritage are known as "Tarts Handbags" but I think you call a handbag a purse and a Tart a Hooker in the US
It is NOT a purse, It's a "European Carry-On"..

Old 06-07-2007 | 03:55 PM
Calwoodbutcher
Road Master

Mooster has it down pat here. Ifin the OL says something looks queer I stay away from it. Don't give a rats *** what anyone else thinks.

Old 06-07-2007 | 04:15 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mistermooster

There are people whose opinion I care about on some issues, and other peoples' opinions I'll listen to on other issues.

If a wife/girl friend tells me something is 'gay', I'll listen to 'em on that topic. You don't want to compromise your masculinity in the eyes of the women you're gettin' your candy from.
hehehehe Very well put! And excellent point.. stringy stuff or not, it's all about who you're trying to impress.. Pretty much if the wife digs it or not, there ya go.. Keep the boss happy. [8D]

But really.. fringe is bike specific just like fatboy emblems, white walls, etc... I agree, a springer classic and fringe go together.. Like choppers and bikini's.. Gold wings and older folks who worked hard enough to have time off to fart around and see the country.

Old 06-07-2007 | 04:33 PM
murph3204
Road Master

I've got them hanging from my levers. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Old 06-07-2007 | 05:02 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

Some idiots think leather clothes are gay, some think Harleys are gay. If you got the ballz, do what you like. Your OL will come around (if you are not gay). If you are gay, do not worry about what others think, you have already been through enough chit to make the rest of us look like puzzies. Ride what you like, it is your life and it is too damn short.

Old 06-07-2007 | 05:37 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member

ORIGINAL: murph3204

I've got them hanging from my levers. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.
Now that's funny right there!

Old 06-07-2007 | 08:09 PM
x2lee
|
Banned

hey you, gay means happy, happy means gay. And thats as close as you get to calling me gay.
I just posted this when My wife said You aint putting those on you bike are you?
And I says Ill ask my esteemed colleagues to see if they agree.
So backoff

ORIGINAL: fj4069

if you like it then who cares what people think. put it on your bike and enjoy it. if everyone liked the same things then all of our bikes would look exactly the same and we'd all look gay like you. who cares.

Old 06-07-2007 | 08:15 PM
mistermooster
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

Some idiots think leather clothes are gay, some think Harleys are gay. If you got the ballz, do what you like. Your OL will come around (if you are not gay). If you are gay, do not worry about what others think, you have already been through enough chit to make the rest of us look like puzzies. Ride what you like, it is your life and it is too damn short.

Sooooo, you're telling us you don't worry about what others think, right?

Old 06-07-2007 | 08:15 PM
x2lee
|
Banned

Ahh Some good advice. Yep your prolly right. I want then tho. I may get them anyway. She said I better not ever ever wear one of those vests. Maybe Ill give her a choice, the whips ora vest

I think I can still get the candy either way....
ORIGINAL: mistermooster

There are people whose opinion I care about on some issues, and other peoples' opinions I'll listen to on other issues.

If a wife/girl friend tells me something is 'gay', I'll listen to 'em on that topic. You don't want to compromise your masculinity in the eyes of the women you're gettin' your candy from.

Old 06-07-2007 | 08:20 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member

there just damn silly not gay but are way out of style but heh if you like them put them on but studs on mudflaps please

Quick Reply: leather fringes/tassles=gayness