General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leather fringes/tassles=gayness

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007 | 01:35 PM
LIRIDE
Road Warrior
Default RE: leather fringes/tassles=gayness

Are we talking gayas in happy or gay asinburning in hellupon death

Old 06-07-2007 | 01:44 PM
fj4069
Road Warrior

if you like it then who cares what people think. put it on your bike and enjoy it. if everyone liked the same things then all of our bikes would look exactly the same and we'd all look gay like you. who cares.

Old 06-07-2007 | 01:54 PM
bobbyd3
Tourer

When ever I see a guy riding a big loud harley with little tassles hanging off the hand grips I laugh, only thing worse is the tassled leather jackets.

Not meaning that its gay or whatever, I just think bikers who have tassles on their bike/clothing look funny.

Old 06-07-2007 | 02:01 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master

Wow! My wife's "gay?" Who knew?

Old 06-07-2007 | 02:12 PM
michaelbarry
Banned

Been thinking about getting some for the grips. I don't care if it looks like a little girl's Schwinn to someone else..

Old 06-07-2007 | 02:18 PM
mistermooster
Road Warrior

There are people whose opinion I care about on some issues, and other peoples' opinions I'll listen to on other issues.

If a wife/girl friend tells me something is 'gay', I'll listen to 'em on that topic. You don't want to compromise your masculinity in the eyes of the women you're gettin' your candy from.

Old 06-07-2007 | 02:36 PM
squid
Banned

I just wouldn't want the sheet flyin around while riding/windy day.

Old 06-07-2007 | 02:48 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

I've been riding with fringe for almost 20 years now , never heard anyone call them gay before. then again this is about the only place I see these funny *** rules about what is gay , what makes a person a poser , a biker, rub etc.....funny stuff mostly written by people who are just now starting to ride.
Its your bike , make it how ya want it .

oh , I have a very good friend who is gay and is one of the most stand up guys I have ever known , so if you think my tassles make me gay , I'll take that as a compliment
EXACTLY

I don't care for fringe except on zipper pulls so I don't need to take my glove off all the time.

But like zukeeper says, this is about the only place you see these so-called rules about what is gay, who is a poser, biker, rub......

I know a guy who has a full fringed jacket and chaps that he likes. I don't care for the look but I don't have to wear it either.

Now back, way back in the day, trappers and cowpokes wore leather with fringe for a reason. It helped shed rain water and you could always cut a piece of it off if you needed to lash something down.

Old 06-07-2007 | 03:19 PM
LTrain
Road Master

The Village People specifically adopted ultra masculine caricatures. Village People took leather and all that from bikers. Now it seems bikers want to dismiss that stuff because of the Village People connection? Whatever. Are we in 6th grade? Wear what you want. Put what you want on your bike.

I even have a pink shirt, and the ladies seem to like it, and I have yet to have a "fella" compliment me on it. Do what you like, be yourself.

ORIGINAL: glebo

well, hate to tellya, but some people even consider "studded" leather stuff associated with gay also, LOL. I do like your saddle bags, and NO I'M NOT. All that studded/tassle stuff has been associated with bikes long before all this "gay" crap came about. But I suppose the Village people didn't help matters by dressing the way they did. Now anything that resembles what they wore can be considered gay by some.

Old 06-07-2007 | 03:34 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master

Since this is an open forum and opinions are free, I'll offer mine.

Gay or not gay is not a question I would ask. Instead ask, "do I like the look of the bike better with or without the fringe/tassles?"
That should settle the problem since it is YOUR bike.

I, for one, think motorcycles with fringe/tassles look butt-ugly.
I've yet to see one motorcycle whose looks were improved by fringe/tassles.
A good looking bike with fringe/tassles, would likely be a good (if not great) looking bike without them.

Quick Reply: leather fringes/tassles=gayness