General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leather fringes/tassles=gayness

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007 | 11:32 AM
h9ll
Cruiser
Default RE: leather fringes/tassles=gayness

My OL typically doesn't notice much on a bike but she does notice and gets a laugh when seeing dudes riding with "streamers" coming out of the handlebars. She says it looks "cute" in a little girls Schwinn sorta way.

Old 06-07-2007 | 11:32 AM
Edmo
Road Master

OK, no tassles with this guy, but I'd still call him gay...

From Chappelle's Show and funny as hell... I guess you need to check out some lawn care people before you hire them.

Edmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPKzSGxXmFs

Old 06-07-2007 | 11:36 AM
PWHOG
Road Master

ORIGINAL: glebo

well, hate to tellya, but some people even consider "studded" leather stuff associated with gay also, LOL. I do like your saddle bags, and NO I'M NOT. All that studded/tassle stuff has been associated with bikes long before all this "gay" crap came about. But I suppose the Village people didn't help matters by dressing the way they did. Now anything that resembles what they wore can be considered gay by some.
Well the studded bags on the Heritage are known as "Tarts Handbags" but I think you call a handbag a purse and a Tart a Hooker in the US

Old 06-07-2007 | 11:41 AM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member

like studs and fringe. like someone else said been around long before gays exploited it. don't care call me gay; been called worse.

Old 06-07-2007 | 11:44 AM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member

I've been riding with fringe for almost 20 years now , never heard anyone call them gay before. then again this is about the only place I see these funny *** rules about what is gay , what makes a person a poser , a biker, rub etc.....funny stuff mostly written by people who are just now starting to ride.
Its your bike , make it how ya want it .

oh , I have a very good friend who is gay and is one of the most stand up guys I have ever known , so if you think my tassles make me gay , I'll take that as a compliment

Old 06-07-2007 | 11:54 AM
Bobby Joe
Cruiser

Who the hell cares what anyone thinks. Wear what ever you want. I'm settin here in a pink shirt and I'm real comfortable with my sexuality and I really couldn't care less what anyone thinks and there ain't no one around here gonna make any comment. If they did I'd just blow it off. If ya want tassles wear tassles. If ya like pink shirts wear pink shirts the only one that matters is what you think. Ya got ***** use them.

Old 06-07-2007 | 12:52 PM
chappy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

I've been riding with fringe for almost 20 years now , never heard anyone call them gay before. then again this is about the only place I see these funny *** rules about what is gay , what makes a person a poser , a biker, rub etc.....funny stuff mostly written by people who are just now starting to ride.
I got to agaree with zukeeper.
Gay used to mean something else altogether until folks that didn't like the word queer decided to hijack the meaning of gay and reject the meaning of queer. Some how the publishers of dictionaries went along for the ride.Now we have PC Police (well meaning folks)listening to ever word spoken to decide who has a case of homophobia.
There's always going to be some group gathering in shadows to speak ill of somebody else. When there is really nothing to talk about, they simply make something up. Kind of like fringe makes one queer (gay). So, now, the fringe folks are the target.
Except for those that willingly receivefringe benefits, or is thatgay nowtoo.

chappy

Old 06-07-2007 | 01:07 PM
Philt
Road Master

I have to agree with this. Most of your true Heritage Springer owners would be insulted if you said they were gay! This is my HS and it wouldn't look right without the fringe!

Phil

Old 06-07-2007 | 01:29 PM
chappy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Philt

I have to agree with this. Most of your true Heritage Springer owners would be insulted if you said they were gay! This is my HS and it wouldn't look right without the fringe!

Phil
Hi Phil,
your right about Heritage Springers.
Here's a pic of my 1997 HS H-D
chappy

Old 06-07-2007 | 01:35 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member

I wouldn't go as far as to call them "gay". I just class them as out of style....Not "old skool", retro, or any of those catch words....Just out of style.

Quick Reply: leather fringes/tassles=gayness