General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Excellent!
46.34%
Good
31.71%
Mixed, but mostly Good
9.76%
Mixed, but mostly Bad
7.32%
Bad
2.44%
Awful
2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

What was your experience w/ HD Financing/Eaglemark?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 AM
silver1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What was your experience w/ HD Financing/Eaglemark?

They are okay in my opinion...no better or worse than your credit union. Remember that it is a business and the higher the rate that the dealer can tie you to the more for their pocket. I started out very high percentage offer(I have high credit score) and when I walked out and came back with a check from my credit union to buy the bike they made me a better offer than the credit union. The point is this: It is all negiotable, be patient and don't get that "deer in the headlight" look and forget that this is NOT the last bike harley will ever make. Walk away until you are satisfied with the deal. And online access would be great.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Blackmouth
Road Master

Getting the loan through HD was very easy.
They beat my CU offer by 1% so I went with HD Financing.

My only issue so far is that roughly half of the people I've spoken to on the phone at HD Finance have been idiots (why beat around the bush?). I have spoken to a few intelligent and efficient employees there, but the ones that were dumb were REALLY dumb and inefficient.

However, in fairness to HD Finance, I'm usually disappointed with the customer service, or lack there of, at most companies today.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:13 PM
vegashd
Banned

In general people who say a company sucks, is cause they make late payments or have credit problems.

ill give you a prime example. I have had Sprint Cell phone service since 2000. I have 4 phones sharing 12k minutes a month for....get this........... 85 bucks a month. This is with the internet, text mesaging unlimited etc and insurance. Anyone that has a new plan you know how great of a deal this is cause if you duplicated what I have tomorrow on a new account it would run you around 225 bucks a month or more. In those almost 8 years I have NEVER had anything screw up, never made a late payment( if I did they say they could up my rates to current rates) and I htink Sprint is great.

HD, same thing. When I finianced my bike with them I wanted one thing. No PPP, they were honest and after paying off the title came quick. Much quicker then a title to any other thing I have ever finanaced.

ALthough I have to agree with having online account access. I do online billpay thought and when the next statement comes I just make sure my payment was applied.