General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Interesting

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 10:44 AM
Mr-Mike
Road Master
Received 179 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Corbin Interesting

Brothers, Sisters, y'all may find this interesting and those who think Corbin may be too hard, you might rejoice and try one of these amazing saddles.

I just received a new/latest dual touring seat from Corbin. It was a no-brainer decision for as I have a Gunfighter + Lady on one of my other bikes and love it (10+ hrs. rides with no hint of discomfort).

The older saddles from Corbin are/were considerably harder than the new products. The older ones are literally like a western riding saddle - no 'give', no squish. For me, that's how I like it.

The new saddles are quite compliant with a little layer of initial padding and then some firm but conforming compliant compression. It is still firm but there is a 1/8 to 1/4 of slighter softer, more forgiving cushioning - actually flex. This should be perfect for those concerned about about hardness and over-rigidity. You will not sink into the seat and the contouring does not deform (both critical and desirable factors for long rides), but there is a just a little 'padding' on the initial surface. I think those who want an excellent, supportive long-haul saddle but also like a little compliance will love today's Corbin.

For me personally, I do not like any padding. When I ride I don't want the seat's surface to displace to the shape of my backside at all. Fortunately for me, Corbin's excellent customer service will be re-working mine, no cost, to provide the results I prefer.

To sum it all up, While firm, Corbin is NOT as hard as they once were and for me, without direction and specific customization, it actually wasn't hard enough. If you like a rock-hard seat, you will need to specify. If you were concerned about not liking a rock-hard seat, the Corbin should be at the very top of your shopping list. Bear in mind, it's a not squishy and you will not sink into it - both very good features.

Last edited by Mr-Mike; 05-30-2017 at 10:47 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr-Mike:
rauchman (05-30-2017), SPRINGER (05-30-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 02:19 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Thanks for posting. Like you, I've had a Gunfighter on my bike for around 10 years and I agree with you that they are hard but I found them to be very comfy for me. While not a seat that some will like and to each their own, but it's nice to see something positive posted about a product for a change. Enjoy your new Corbin.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:31 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,760 Likes on 3,117 Posts

IBTCH
In Before The Corbin Haters

Old 05-30-2017, 02:35 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,679 Likes on 1,665 Posts

I put a Corbin on my Electra Glide a little over a year ago. Hard as a rock, and I absolutely love it. In all the years I've been riding, I've NEVER had a seat where I could go 10 or 12 hours like this one. Couldn't be happier with it.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:35 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Uh oh.

Sounds like the "Corbin saddles are too hard for me" folks may have cocked up the original recipe Coke. All I ride is a Corbin and I don't want to sink down in it. A saddle like that feels good for 20 minutes and then hurts all day. A Corbin, as I know them, are hard for the first 20 minutes and then they disappear for the rest of the day.

The next thing you know those panty wastes will push Harley into putting radios and sh*t that hooks up to their iPhones on motorcycles.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:50 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

Had a Corbin on my last bike and have a Mustang on my current ride. The Corbin was far superior for the long haul.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:00 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

I bought a Dual Tour Corbin seat for my bike and am satisfied. Tried one of their seats 5 yrs ago (demo) and after 3 miles was damn near crippled. My seat now is 2 yrs old and works well for me and the wife. It is much easier to break in. In fact it was comfortable right out of the box.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:38 PM
HarleyBP
Road Master
Received 101 Likes on 93 Posts

Had a Corbin on my last metric bike and really liked it. Looked great too! I have found the stock seat to work well for me on the SGS so haven't felt a need to change so far.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:53 PM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,962 Likes on 1,160 Posts

I love the Corbin leather saddle on my Road King. It is hard but after the first few months it was broke-in and I can ride all day with it. I've heard some not so good things about Corbin"s customer service but I've never had a problem where I needed to deal with them.

I also have a Corbin on my hard tail and bought my grandson a Corbin for his Sportster, both of those are vinyl covered.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:07 PM
4 inch pistons
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 82 Posts

On my Valkyrie I had Corbin make a custom Gunfighter for me at Daytona. Moved me up an back with my choice of leather and pattern. All of this cheaper than an out of the box Mustang or Ultimate.

Attached Thumbnails Corbin Interesting-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Corbin Interesting