General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger pad for existing seat????

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 12:56 PM
CookUltraClassic
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Passenger pad for existing seat????

Does anyone know of pads or cushions that you can buy to make an existing seat more comfortable for the passenger?

I have a Badlander seat on my 2005 Ultra Classic. It looks amazing and I'm much more comfortable riding with it, but my wife isn't a real big fan. It's too narrow and hard for her.
Is there anything out there that will fit over the passenger part of the seat to help make it more comfortable?

I do t want to switch seats all the time and the stock seat looks goofy without the tour PAC.

Thanks

Old 05-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,310 Likes on 6,123 Posts

I never sat on one of these but I have heard from other people that they are relatively comfortable.

https://www.buttybuddy.com/

Old 05-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Wojin
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mother in law has a hemroid pillow in a vinyl pillow case that she uses to change things up on rides. Only a couple bucks at a pharmacy and adjustable firmness

Old 05-23-2017, 02:15 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Originally Posted by boe1971200
I never sat on one of these but I have heard from other people that they are relatively comfortable.

https://www.buttybuddy.com/
This ^^^. My wife hated the passenger seat on the bike, so much that she wanted to get another seat...on a new bike and I was against that. So we looked and found the Butty Buddy. Yeah, it looks kind of funny when no one is on it but it can be removed.

Since we got it, she never says a word about being uncomfortable. In fact, we rode to west Texas, 550 miles and 10 hours and loved it.

That's our story. Check it out. They have a money back guarantee.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:15 PM
dsigrist
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Airhawk makes an inflatable one that will fit the passenger pillion with straps to secure it. There are several other gel type on the market as well.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:46 PM
chadk
Road Master
Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

airhawk seems to be very popular

Old 05-23-2017, 09:48 PM
CookUltraClassic
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I checked out the butty buddy and it looks like the perfect solution. Her main complaint was that all her weight was on her tailbone. She let her legs dangle with her ankles resting on the adjustable passenger pegs and that helped spread the weight to her thighs.
It actually looks pretty comfortable. I'm going to get it when I get a chance.
Thanks so much for showing that to me! I knew signing up to this site was a good move.

Now if I can just get a cheap parts list and how to instructions on building an adjustable air shock kit for the rear shocks......... haha

Old 05-24-2017, 12:40 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by CookUltraClassic
I checked out the butty buddy and it looks like the perfect solution. Her main complaint was that all her weight was on her tailbone. She let her legs dangle with her ankles resting on the adjustable passenger pegs and that helped spread the weight to her thighs.
It actually looks pretty comfortable. I'm going to get it when I get a chance.
Thanks so much for showing that to me! I knew signing up to this site was a good move.
Good to know. Like I said, I'm 99.9% they have a money back guarantee, if she doesn't like it. And I'd like to know what she thinks.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:45 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,863 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
This ^^^. My wife hated the passenger seat on the bike, so much that she wanted to get another seat...on a new bike and I was against that. So we looked and found the Butty Buddy. Yeah, it looks kind of funny when no one is on it but it can be removed.

Since we got it, she never says a word about being uncomfortable. In fact, we rode to west Texas, 550 miles and 10 hours and loved it.

That's our story. Check it out. They have a money back guarantee.
My OL and I put over 600 miles down this weekend, and she was complaining that the seat was killing her back and ***. This Butty Buddy looks like the perfect solution. I'll be picking one up shortly.

Cheers!

Old 05-24-2017, 09:28 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Clammy
My OL and I put over 600 miles down this weekend, and she was complaining that the seat was killing her back and ***. This Butty Buddy looks like the perfect solution. I'll be picking one up shortly.

Cheers!
I never have ridden on the back but just looking at the passenger seat on most Harley's, it looks like an afterthought and probably is like riding a 2x4. If you get one, I'm curious what she thinks.

I THINK we paid $150 for ours and looking at their website, it's now $125, so that's good.

Quick Reply: Passenger pad for existing seat????