Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outrageous Inspection Price

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 08:19 PM
L.Jimmy
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Default Outrageous Inspection Price

All,

Looking to move on a garage queen 2016 Street Glide Special with Stage 5 (110) upgrade, etc. 480 miles. Thing is the guy still is financing it through harley.

So I call a Harley Davidson dealership in California and start discussing the rider to rider program because in Texas all the dealerships are closed at this hour. The lady tells me two things that are crazy in my opinion.

First, just to perform an inspection on the motorcycle that I am interested in it will costs $400!

Second, the low end financing through Harley is at 9%. WTF?! I told her, "With a credit score of 760?". She responded, 'its a luxury loan'. I got that part, not your normal loan but my bank does it at 5%.

Is this normal? I wonder if they have better rates being that I am Active Duty military.

Martin

Old 05-17-2017, 08:23 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,137 Likes on 2,682 Posts

Both rediculous. Shop around credit union rates.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,073 Likes on 2,557 Posts

Maybe it costs that in California, I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me. Personally, calling them (because you couldn't wait) when you live in another state was a mistake.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:54 PM
L.Jimmy
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
Maybe it costs that in California, I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me. Personally, calling them (because you couldn't wait) when you live in another state was a mistake.
Haha, to what end? It was beneficial to hear how the process worked from someone who had managed it before and what to validate some of what I was seeing on the internet. Doesn't matter the price, the Rider to Rider program is Harley Davidson-wide. I found out about warranty transfers as well.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:58 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,272 Likes on 600 Posts

I purchased a Harley through that program and maybe it varies state to state but to me that sounds like a load of garbage. They ran my credit through Eaglemark and got me approved @ a decent rate under what a bank or credit union could offer. I paid tax tag and title and I was out the door riding it home. Didn't do or require an inspection cause the current 1 was still valid and the bike was practically brand new

Old 05-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Lots of places will loan on a 2016 and way lower than 9% as well.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:05 PM
deadhawg
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,795 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
It's HD credit, transferring an existing loan. My California credit union gave me 1.75%.
Shop around, lots of better options.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:31 AM
Sw1
Road Captain
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by deadhawg
It's HD credit, transferring an existing loan. My California credit union gave me 1.75%.
Shop around, lots of better options.
Interesting, so if your buying the bike off someone with bad credit you get stuck with their shitty rate? I financed mine through eagle mark and got .9% financing on a special they had at the time. I had planned on putting down a lot more and paying off quick, but they hit me with a promo rate under 1% so I toook it. With 760 and credit history you will do much better than that anywhere. Did they actually pull your credit? Shop around telling them what your score is before you let everyone and their brother pull your credit. It will lower your score.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:39 AM
Klong4HD
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

As others have said, the rate is a rip off for someone with good credit.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:39 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,272 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Sw1
Interesting, so if your buying the bike off someone with bad credit you get stuck with their shitty rate?
Wherever you read that @ or whomever told you that is full of it......

When you do the rider to rider exchange you have to be approved through Eaglemark and it's no different than if you went in there and purchased a used or new bike from the dealership. So if you got a credit score of 530 and my credit score is 800 there's no way in hell that they are gonna give me your interest rate!!! Makes absolute no sense whatsoever

Quick Reply: Outrageous Inspection Price