General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WINDSHIELDS SUCK in my opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 05:44 PM
michaelbarry
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WINDSHIELDS SUCK in my opinion.

Hah...Vertigo, what is funny is that I was just thinking the other day "Wonder what that bike would look like with a nacelle on it?" I would like to see some better pics, with and without the windshield if you have them. I bet it looks sweet.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:45 PM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless your just cruising around town at 25 - 35 mph windshields make a great deal of difference in theenjoyment of the ride or maybe I'm just not ahardcore biker likeHammerheadSSN663 "'windshielders' need to get back in their cages where they belong."

Old 06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
h9ll
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll agree with you and add that the only place a windshield belongs is on a bagger (or any bike) with a fairing. Yes, you can be a serious all-weather long distance rider without a windshield. So, the "you don't like 'em cause you don't ride long distances" is BS.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:48 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

Windshields ruin the enjoyment of my ride. I bought mine for only winter use and I hate it so much I won't even put it on a 35 degree morning.

I hate looking through them, around them. Whatever. I couldn't see a purpose on a warm day.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:57 PM
michaelbarry
Banned

I'm glad a few of you guys agree with me that they do suck. When it starts to get cooler, I still doubt that i'll be putting it on. Oh well..

Old 06-05-2007, 06:11 PM
myglide
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL! You're funny. If you don't like them that's cool. If you have a windshield you should be in a cage where you belong? That's funny right there. You're so tough. LOL

Old 06-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Tinker Bell
Banned

What the ferk ever. Try doing 600 miles on the interstate at 75 & 80 mph without one and then with one and tell me you can't tell the difference. Fatigue level cut in half. At least for me.

Hey, thats right, what ever floats your boat, to each his own, live and let live, you do your thing and I'll do mine, who cares, ferk off, windshields are for pussies, windshields are great, if you use one your a RUB, if you don't your stupid, they only belong on baggers, I have a hurt neck, I have a bad back, my ***** hurts, they look stupid, think they look great, better gas mileage without one,reach arounds work better with a windshield, you cansmoke a cigar, take a drink of your beverage, Blah, Blah, Blah [&:]

Old 06-05-2007, 06:35 PM
QT Hush
Road Warrior

Maybe I should remove my windshield so I can be a tough guy too.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:46 PM
michaelbarry
Banned

I hope you guys aren't reffering to me? If you are, stick it. I didn't mean to come across as being a "tough guy" or anything like that. I just hated the windshield for what little bit I had it on, and I think if I had left it on on a trip, I would've hated it worse. I run on the interstate at ~80mph usually, without the windshield..and I don't see what the big deal with the wind is. Doesn't seem to be too hard on me..maybe it's just me..who knows?

Old 06-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Tinker Bell
Banned

ORIGINAL: michaelbarry

I hope you guys aren't reffering to me? If you are, stick it. I didn't mean to come across as being a "tough guy" or anything like that. I just hated the windshield for what little bit I had it on, and I think if I had left it on on a trip, I would've hated it worse. I run on the interstate at ~80mph usually, without the windshield..and I don't see what the big deal with the wind is. Doesn't seem to be too hard on me..maybe it's just me..who knows?
The point is that while you have a distaste for a windshield there are those that do use them and like to use them. You can't expect to make comments like windshields suck and then have some *** tell everyone that windshields are for pussies and not expect someone that rides with one on a constant bases not defend the use of one.

Its just a bases for a useless argument that has no winner. Both sides are right because its a personal choice.

Thats all. I just put that crap out there in my previous post to get ahead of all the BS that was coming.

Quick Reply: WINDSHIELDS SUCK in my opinion.