General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terrific people here--interspersed with so many morons

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 10:27 PM
m16figure8
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Some people couldn't buy a slice if their life depended on it and number of them haunt this place
I know a guy that tried to buy some and she robbed him. Funny as hell.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:30 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by shortfuse223
No need to escalate things to that level.
Thank goodness, I was getting worried. Since we have a truce, what kind of oil do you use?

Old 04-29-2017, 10:44 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,416 Likes on 1,584 Posts

I thought it was going to be a fair stabbing and you pull a dump truck.
Next thing you'll be letting air out of peoples tires.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:45 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Or fart in their general direction.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:47 PM
shortfuse223
Road Captain
Received 211 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
Thank goodness, I was getting worried. Since we have a truce, what kind of oil do you use?
Glad we have a truce. That CAPS lock threat had me worried that things would spiral out of control.
I based my decision on all the oil threads I've read and I went with a blend of different brands, viscosities, synthetic and dino. Covered all the bases.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:48 PM
springers4ever
Road Master
Received 229 Likes on 135 Posts
Cool Put it down !!!

Damn ..OP ...just cuz ya got a hold of some good **** ...dont mean you have to smoke the whole thing ...Put it down ...or better yet ...pass it to someone else for a while ....go ez man !!!

Old 04-29-2017, 11:06 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Originally Posted by albngore
It is perhaps nothing but my imagination (but I doubt it) that identifies Harley Davidson riders highest on the list of cycle-identity imbeciles: we ride the greatest dinosaurs in the world of motorcycles; you bitch about everything on them from wobble to brakes, to fluids, to tire stems--price, weight, heat generation, windshields, OEM power. Yet, you buy into the corporate HD marketing that attributes bigger ***** to small minds with large expensive motorcycles that are pretty good, but nowhere near a good value for the money it takes to buy one.

I am 70 years old and have only owned Harley's since I was 16. I liked all my Harleys, but I never was stupid enough to believe that my cycles were better than Japanese cycles--or, that a black motorcycle jacket sporting a ridiculous eagle and obnoxiously loud pipes made me special. It only made me appear retarded--intellectually, socially and developmentally handicapped, if you prefer.

Yet, I continue to exist here among you because there are also excellent, helpful, sane people here who ride Harleys just as I do and do not view themselves as special because they paid $10,000 more than an excellent Japanese machine costs.

After all my years on this website, I find the worst here represented by the brain-dead guy riding a Sportster (that's what I used to call the things when I owned an XLCH when I was 20 years old) who was puzzled that he could not make a radical curve (public roadway) at excessive speed on his cycle without catching the foot pegs and crashing across two lanes. Was something wrong with his foot peg placement, he wondered? It does not matter if he was an inexperienced rider. What matters is that he is too stupid to own or ride a motorcycle; and too dangerous to exist among us. Possibly a leather vest with rockers would buck up his confidence--maybe a Willie G. skull here and there--or a Live to Ride therapy in Milwaukee. God forbid taking an oh so girly motorcycle skills course in the local parking lot--not cool at all, especially on them tiny Japanese trainers provided.

The bottom line of my rant is an appeal to everyone here: always call out morons for bad behavior, stupidity and willful ignorance. Such chastisement might even save one of our own lives some day (when another fool catches a foot peg he doesn't even understand is possible to catch at extreme angles).
Hey OP, after reading your last paragraph, isn't that basically like the pot calling the kettle black? What about your bad behavior coming on here and calling some people morons.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:16 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

you could quite possibly find the same ratio of morons to well informed forum patrons as you will find on any American highway, morons to people who actually know whats going on at any giving moment (while driving).

Old 04-29-2017, 11:23 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

If I have to stop this car.........!

Old 04-29-2017, 11:41 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

I dunno some useful posts on darwinism....

Quick Reply: Terrific people here--interspersed with so many morons