General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good thing we rode to the rally this last weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007 | 08:59 PM
orangecrush
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Good thing we rode to the rally this last weekend...

As usual, when Amy and I start our return trip while on our bikes, it rains. It's pure and simple... it just rains. It never fails.

This weekend at Lake Lure was no exception so just as we were about to leave we spent almost 200 bucks (again) buying rain gear.

We rode back and though I enjoy the ride to get where we are going, I'm not particularily fond of riding in the rain back.

The entire time I was thinking it sure would have been nice to have the truck and trailer with us.

Anyway, so we rode back last night and today first thing, I loaded up the H2 with the trailer and drove back to the Eastern part of NC to pick up a pickup bed for one of the wrecked trucks at our shop.

We drove all the way there (approx. 2 hours) and pulled back in with no issues. About an hour later, I decided to take the trailer to my other bodyshop and unload the bed we purchased. I started the truck up and the "low oil pressure" warning/light was on.

I let the truck idle for about a minute and didn't hear any clattering so I thought perhaps the oil sending unit/sensor was bad.

I backed the truck up, drove 50 feet and the valvetrain started chattering. Definitely no oil pressure.

Definitely good thing I didn't drive the truck to Lake Lure this last weekend, it probably would have trashed the oil pump in the middle of nowhere.