General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modified Exhaust/Non DOT Helmet Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 05:11 PM
DirtyDave
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Modified Exhaust/Non DOT Helmet Ticket

That's why every bike rider should be a member of a motorcycle rights organization. I'm a life member of MMA of AZ. It's a numbers game. The more members an organization has, the more power it can flex with the legislators. There are local organizations just look them up.

MMA - Modified Motorcycle ***.
ABATE - American Brotherhood Aimed Toward Education
AMA - American Motorcycle ***.
MRF - Motorcycle Rights Foundation

Old 06-04-2007, 05:17 PM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

both bullshit tickets. fight both. no decibel meter for the mod exhaust and ca does not/will not/can not tell you who approves helmets as the dot does not. google richard quigley to see his fight against helmet laws.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:30 PM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned

Ill bet they had a set number of citations they had to write. It kinda sounded like the copper in question was probably just trying to go after the most aggregious violaters, hence his comment of your scoot not being as loud as he orrigionally thought, but once he had you on the line he was deffinately gonna land you.
Tough luck.
On a side, Love that Black and Blue combo. My favorite. Does the tail of that front fender drag on big bumps? Sweet scoot.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:58 PM
DR.Greenthumb
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS

Ill bet they had a set number of citations they had to write. It kinda sounded like the copper in question was probably just trying to go after the most aggregious violaters, hence his comment of your scoot not being as loud as he orrigionally thought, but once he had you on the line he was deffinately gonna land you.
Tough luck.
On a side, Love that Black and Blue combo. My favorite. Does the tail of that front fender drag on big bumps? Sweet scoot.
No problem with the front fender,but I've wrecked the rear twice.I figure he was on some sort of quota system for the day.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Too bad you got ticketed. But if you play, you gotta pay.
Now for a couple little factoids.
The state/CHP does not get the money from tickets, the county they are written in gets the money, so San Bernardino will get the money if you have to pay a fine.
THERE ARE NO QUOTAS. Quotas are illeagal. Officers are expected to work, and they know there are people out there doing things against the law, so each officer should be able to write a few tickets each day.
They can only deal with the person they have stopped. While your being written, the officer is not going to stop writting and chase down someone else who has louder pipes or another minor violation.
Now before the flaming starts, I'm not an officer. Just know a few things both from experience and knowing a few officers.

Your fines might also be dismissable with proof of correction. Look at your ticket and see if the box is checked dismissable. If so, get it signed off and it is only $10 I think.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

That's the dummest tickets I have ever heard of. He just needed to meet his quota.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:36 PM
DR.Greenthumb
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Road Toad

Too bad you got ticketed. But if you play, you gotta pay.
Now for a couple little factoids.
The state/CHP does not get the money from tickets, the county they are written in gets the money, so San Bernardino will get the money if you have to pay a fine.
THERE ARE NO QUOTAS. Quotas are illeagal. Officers are expected to work, and they know there are people out there doing things against the law, so each officer should be able to write a few tickets each day.
They can only deal with the person they have stopped. While your being written, the officer is not going to stop writting and chase down someone else who has louder pipes or another minor violation.
Now before the flaming starts, I'm not an officer. Just know a few things both from experience and knowing a few officers.

Your fines might also be dismissable with proof of correction. Look at your ticket and see if the box is checked dismissable. If so, get it signed off and it is only $10 I think.
Both are checked ascorrectable violations.I didn't expect him to leave me and chase down some chopper with little turned up straight pipes,I'm just saying if they were on the lookout for loud pipes that day there were alot more with louder pipes than mine as well as some who were much more deserving,but I said I realize I was not legal with my pipes or helmet and I will pay the price no problem.Just relaying the story about what happend to me this weekend.Thanks for the advice I will see if they can be dismissed.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

It's sad that we have "lost" our local, state and federal gruberment to "GREED". It's ALL (everything to do with the government) about the "money".
We are double taxed to death yet few complain.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:59 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

That's the dummest tickets I have ever heard of. He just needed to meet his quota.

Quotas are illegal. Don't you read all the posts. [sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 06-04-2007, 07:03 PM
billk
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why in the F*uck would anyone wear a non-DOT helmet? Sh*t, if your going to put up with the helmet laws, you might as well comply with the DOT requirement. Let's see, I will wear a metal bucket on my head (dot), or I will wear a plastic bucket on my head (non-dot). It still feels like a bucket.

Quick Reply: Modified Exhaust/Non DOT Helmet Ticket