General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Day in the Life...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 10:31 AM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

No mate. I am in S. Florida.

My posts in the upper right used to say that. All is good.

Born and brought up in the New England area freezing my *** off. As it is said, "GREAT place to visit. But I wouldn't want to live there."

BuzzCap7

Old 03-03-2018, 01:02 PM
J F GO
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,347 Likes on 1,747 Posts

Actually the saying is "A great place to be from but you don't want to live there." Fixed it for ya. Your right about the "freezing your *** off" part though.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:12 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,197 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
No mate. I am in S. Florida.

My posts in the upper right used to say that. All is good.

Born and brought up in the New England area freezing my *** off. As it is said, "GREAT place to visit. But I wouldn't want to live there."

BuzzCap7
Wow! Didn't realize it was that warm in FL right now!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 03-03-2018, 07:26 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

all that ''mate'' stuff had me fooled, thought he was definately down under

Old 03-03-2018, 07:32 PM
chico08
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

How did you put those end mirrors on? My daughter just got a street 750 and the stock mirrors are a safety hazard.

Old 03-03-2018, 07:58 PM
BuzzCap7
Club Member

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Wow! Didn't realize it was that warm in FL right now!
LOL............just brought my club on a long ride and NO ONE. NONE of us checked the temps'. Luckily we all had our gear and extra since we had a new guy with us and he had NO gear with him.

Odd.........it has been in the 90's recently and then tonight dropping until 53 degrees. I can tell u 1 person who is going to sleep in tomorrow morning.

I can't remember the last time it was cold enough to wear a kacket in late December.

When I moved here 30+ yrs ago, you would always wear a light jacket in late December.

But they say there is no global warming so I must be wrong. NOT. It definitely been getting warmer around these here parts.

BuzzCap7

Old 03-04-2018, 09:09 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

LOL............just brought my club on a long ride and NO ONE. NONE of us checked the temps'. Luckily we all had our gear and extra since we had a new guy with us and he had NO gear with him.

Odd.........it has been in the 90's recently and then tonight dropping until 53 degrees. I can tell u 1 person who is going to sleep in tomorrow morning.

I can't remember the last time it was cold enough to wear a kacket in late December.

When I moved here 30+ yrs ago, you would always wear a light jacket in late December.

But they say there is no global warming so I must be wrong. NOT. It definitely been getting warmer around these here parts.

BuzzCap7
Last time I went to Daytona Bike Week (March) was 11-12 years ago. We rode thru some snow in Alabama on the way there. Then, while in Florida, it wasn't cold, but it was not hot either...probably in the 70's the entire week.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:02 AM
BuzzCap7
Club Member

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Last time I went to Daytona Bike Week (March) was 11-12 years ago. We rode thru some snow in Alabama on the way there. Then, while in Florida, it wasn't cold, but it was not hot either...probably in the 70's the entire week.
Right my friend. Every once in a while there is an anomaly. Having lived here full time for 30+ years, only like the 1st decade there was a cycle. A reasonably reliable cycle.

In the last few decades or so, that cycle is gone. Yes, the odd cold will hit here likely due to activity coming from the NW of us as high as Canada I think it is but it is the normal cycle that I was really referring to.

I hope when you were here in Daytona and going thru the Alabama snow, u had the right gear.

BuzzCap7

Old 03-04-2018, 11:33 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

I was in Florida for Christmas in 1969, used the air conditioner in the car. Would have been comfy on a bike though, doesn't get the solar warming a car does. Probably high 70's, was nice just walking around. Was there another year on a motorcycle, wore a bluejean jacket at night a couple times. Think that was in March. About this time, when there's a fairly big snowstorm supposed to start tonight. Another time was there in a Triumph Spitfire (car), and the weather was just perfect. I don't remember if this was one of those crushed seashell roads, looks like it could be. Was in one of the state parks.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:54 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Right my friend. Every once in a while there is an anomaly. Having lived here full time for 30+ years, only like the 1st decade there was a cycle. A reasonably reliable cycle.

In the last few decades or so, that cycle is gone. Yes, the odd cold will hit here likely due to activity coming from the NW of us as high as Canada I think it is but it is the normal cycle that I was really referring to.

I hope when you were here in Daytona and going thru the Alabama snow, u had the right gear.

BuzzCap7

That was before we started using electric jacket liners...I was layered up pretty good and ok...Mary had everything on she had with her...but still very cold! We stopped a bit after dark...next morning it was dry and warmer, all good.

Beautiful day here today. 70* and sunny. This evening and tomorrow, more rain and storms.

Went for a 150 mile putt, all back roads.

Stopped by the dealership to pick up some stuff.

Bungee job to get the box home. lol

Perfect afternoon ride!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-22-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply: A Day in the Life...