General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Day in the Life...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 02:08 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,198 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Couple of pics from one afternoon a week or so ago---out riding with my brother.

Was a good time.

Kevin

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 11-25-2017, 04:55 PM
Odd986
Cruiser
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Was reading about you getting out and decided as there was a break in the clouds, and it had warmed up to low 40's. It was time to put the battery back in and do the loop I tried to do last time but was too cold. Went out for about 1 1/2 hours.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:04 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Odd986

Was reading about you getting out and decided as there was a break in the clouds, and it had warmed up to low 40's. It was time to put the battery back in and do the loop I tried to do last time but was too cold. Went out for about 1 1/2 hours.
Nice! Glad you got to get out for a ride!

Kevin

Old 11-25-2017, 08:18 PM
b bop n bob
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,930 Likes on 1,084 Posts

It got into the lower 60's here yesterday, so figured it would be a good day to stock up. Rode the Heritage to the store for bread, eggs and milk. Then rode to the store for cereal, veggies and meat. Then rode to the store for bacon, cheese and misc. Then rode to the store for smokes and a 6er. I don't understand why people complain about grocery shopping.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:45 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by b bop n bob
It got into the lower 60's here yesterday, so figured it would be a good day to stock up. Rode the Heritage to the store for bread, eggs and milk. Then rode to the store for cereal, veggies and meat. Then rode to the store for bacon, cheese and misc. Then rode to the store for smokes and a 6er. I don't understand why people complain about grocery shopping.

Yep!

Old 11-27-2017, 11:19 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Riding in this morning I saw a new (and not great) thing.

I should have turned around and gotten a photo.

There was a tractor going down the road, which is not unusual in our part of the world.

What was unusual...he was talking on his cell phone and not really paying attention to the road, as evidenced by his swerving around!

Kevin

Old 11-28-2017, 02:29 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Besides what feels like 1000 other things going on at the shop today....

Got my zerk fittings in...

...going to be installing on my primary case for the shifter shaft. Used to have these on all my bikes, but in the last 10 years or so have not, nor have I felt the need.

However, on current '14 TG it is getting a bit loose. Not sure why, but going to fix it.

On another note, we have been using our 3D printer, most everyday, since March 2017.

We had our first mishap over the weekend.

The "hot end", what I would call the printer head, ran into (repeatedly) some plastic that had come loose from the base. Ended up making a melted mess on the hot end.

We're going to try and clean it...if we can't get it cleaned up, we already have a replacement on the way.

Thought you might be interested in a few other pics....

...interesting to see that big sections of the 3D printer were Made With a 3D Printer-

Last edited by DK Custom; 11-28-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:53 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

I received an envelope from Paul (and Ellie) in the UK today.

WhooHoo!

Inside was a nice letter from Paul and a SPORTSTER SICKNESS patch!

This patch is going on my vest.

Thank you Paul!

Kevin

The following users liked this post:
BensonUK (03-19-2018)
Old 11-30-2017, 08:59 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

This afternoon I have some pick-ups up in Memphis that are too large, even for the Trike...so I borrowed Mary's truck.

I'm at the shop and will be in her cage this afternoon...and the weather is great! Sunny and in the 60's already (before 9am).

Old 11-30-2017, 05:25 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by b bop n bob
I ain't crazy about it when the salt's down, but on a nice day like this...

Been house bound 7 days, some kind of bug, out of milk, craving something carbonated, 45 degrees, had to get out of the house. Loaded a pocket with kleenexes, took the fast 3 wheeler 'cause that has the best wind protection. Got lost on the way home, of course and got the scoot dirty. Ain't the first time I got lost in that 3 miles to the grocery store.

Fingers were feeling a bit cool on the tips by the time I got home, temp dropping with the sun going down, but damn, that felt good. And I'm breathing better right now than I have all week. Now if my shoulder would quit aching after that overhead house wiring project yesterday...

Originally Posted by DK Custom
This afternoon I have some pick-ups up in Memphis that are too large, even for the Trike...so I borrowed Mary's truck.
You need a different kind of 3 wheeler...

Quick Reply: A Day in the Life...