General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to wear in summer, leather even if vented seems like would be to hot

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:07 PM
questor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What to wear in summer, leather even if vented seems like would be to hot

Spring 2007 "Enthusiast" page 22 has a great article on Hot-Weather Riding Tactics,
that include "what to Wear" by a professional HD test rider averaging 300 miles every day
in the heat of Mosa Ariz, presents his tried-and-true strategies for hot-weather riding.

Great article...

Old 06-02-2007, 11:16 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What to wear in summer, leather even if vented seems like would be to hot

ORIGINAL: questor

Spring 2007 "Enthusiast" page 22 has a great article on Hot-Weather Riding Tactics,
that include "what to Wear" by a professional HD test rider averaging 300 miles every day
in the heat of Mosa Ariz, presents his tried-and-true strategies for hot-weather riding.

Great article...

Interesting artical, thanks fo rthe heads up

Old 06-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Uncle Fester
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got one of the HD perf leather jackets (great as long as yer moving) and a Fieldsheer syth mesh (much better, but looks weird wearing one on a Harley, ya know). Anyway, I wear the perf leather in the spring and early fall, then go with the Fieldsheer when it gets above 90...which around here should be in a week or two...

Old 06-02-2007, 11:55 PM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they have your size left, this is the best deal I have ever seen for a perf VANSON leather jacket ---> http://www.vansonleathers.com/detail.aspx?ID=271

Old 06-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior

Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. The mesh lets the air through to keep me comfortable and protects against sunburn.On long rides that translates to protection against dehydration as well. The body armour is there too in case of mishap. If it's really stinkin' hot, I wet my tee shirt and put the mesh on over it. Feels almost like A/C. Something over your skin is better than nothing. Ain't nothing hotter than road rash.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Crusing
Road Captain

I have one as well and really like it. It is comfortable when moving and protects against the sun and helps with dehydration. In stop and go traffic it is a bit warm at the lights, but it gets my vote. I wore it today a 350 mile run today with a high of 94 degrees humidity at 46%.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:16 PM
TonyVT
Tourer

I ordered a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket from www.newenough.com last week and received it yesterday. I chose the White color and plan on wearing it during the summer on those hot and sunny days when my other HD jacket would be overkill. The Phoenix jacket came with a zip-out removable inner rain liner as well as elbow, shoulder, and back pads and appears to be well built.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:27 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior

Gotta watch the heat(sun),,,,,I got sun-stroke in a T-shrit once,,,,pulled off rt95 into a gas station,,,,drooped the bike,,,was on my hands and knees,,, and the guy that owned the station hosed me down...

Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: YUCK

Gotta watch the heat(sun),,,,,I got sun-stroke in a T-shrit once,,,,pulled off rt95 into a gas station,,,,drooped the bike,,,was on my hands and knees,,, and the guy that owned the station hosed me down...

Did you kick his azz?

Old 06-03-2007, 10:19 PM
BWLucky13
Road Master

Joe Rocket Phoenix with a t-shirt under it is perfect for cruising on a hot, muggy day. I'm fairly tall and have a long torso. The regular sizes are short waisted in the front, but extend a little longer in the back. I like a short cut to the jacket, but a tall size may be better for you.

Hard to argue with the "Law of Common Sense." I just rode a few miles through the 'hood to dinner with a t-shirt and vest--hardly got out of 2nd gear. It's kind of like helmets to me. Going to the corner store, I'll wear a shortie. On the open road, I wear a full face and the Phoenix.

Quick Reply: What to wear in summer, leather even if vented seems like would be to hot