General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks TC

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thanks TC

If I've seen it once, I've seen it a couple of hundred times **Check out the "Do It Yourself " forums on the home page** on all of TC's posts. So last night I was so bored I started reading through some. I can't believe the effort and information you put forth for us all to share and I just want to say "thank you". I'm not much of a do it yourselfer. I have a nice tool box, it's where I keep the yellow pages to call for help. But when I talk to a pro, I like to know what I'm talking about and your information is truly invaluble. Just wanted to give you your props and I hope everyone will spend some time learning from you.

Kicks

Old 10-08-2005, 01:33 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Thanks TC

Thanks Paul

If we could just get some way to have people do what you did and take a look down there, we'd put some of the dealers on their toes when they try to do the "Harley dance" with us.

Thanks for the props, much appreciated to know the info helps out.
Constantly updating that section too.

And to all the rest of you people.....stop down and pay me a visit in the DIY forum.....It gets lonely down there

Also, If there's anything that needs to be added, LET ME KNOW!! Thanks.

Bill

Old 10-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Ttype83
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will SECOUND THAT. Great information..that's want I've been doing for the last couple of nights at work is reading thru there. I liked the pick-up your bike thread [sm=smiley20.gif] TC you ROCK...hmm need a headbanging smiley dude

Old 10-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Ice
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with MR kICKS 100%.....BILL.... YOU THE BOMB !!!!!!!..BTW Where did you learn so much about wrenching ? Is the firefighting business that slow?Your level of knowledge is out of this world.Thanks for all your effort,and time you have spent here on the "Do it yourself" forum.I came to this site by searching the internet for tech help,and haven'nt turned back since. Funny, I haven'nt had to post too many tech questions because most of my, would be questions, have already been answered by TC,so I get to just play most of the time. Thanks again TC...folks like yourself make this the greatest Harley site on the net.
ORIGINAL: Mrkicks

If I've seen it once, I've seen it a couple of hundred times **Check out the "Do It Yourself " forums on the home page** on all of TC's posts. So last night I was so bored I started reading through some. I can't believe the effort and information you put forth for us all to share and I just want to say "thank you". I'm not much of a do it yourselfer. I have a nice tool box, it's where I keep the yellow pages to call for help. But when I talk to a pro, I like to know what I'm talking about and your information is truly invaluble. Just wanted to give you your props and I hope everyone will spend some time learning from you.

Kicks

Old 10-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Crossbones
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea,
me too, most of any questions i have on a tech basis have already been covered in your sections. can you download your brain onto a disk for me a send it for future reference???? thanks for all that you give us

Old 10-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Ice
Elite HDF Member

TC--If you ever come across information on Harley history that would be cool.From their beginning to now.From flathead---present.How their company survived some pretty hard times,Etc. Just a suggestion form someone who likes history,and Harleys even better.Thanks.
ORIGINAL: TCSTD

Thanks Paul

If we could just get some way to have people do what you did and take a look down there, we'd put some of the dealers on their toes when they try to do the "Harley dance" with us.

Thanks for the props, much appreciated to know the info helps out.
Constantly updating that section too.

And to all the rest of you people.....stop down and pay me a visit in the DIY forum.....It gets lonely down there

Also, If there's anything that needs to be added, LET ME KNOW!! Thanks.

Bill

Old 10-10-2005, 10:06 AM
vulhalla
Road Master

THANKS TC, youve helped out alot of people including myself!!!!

Old 10-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed.. Thanks TC! It's great reading.

As much as you want to add in there about unique mods such as 6-speed installs, engine mods, etc.. the better.. All the stuff I wish I could do but don't yet have the skill, cajones or a bike to ruin cuz I didn't do it right.
But also, stuff like softail handlebar changes, cable length selection, removing the tanks, etc.. silly stuff of any kind, I'm sure would be a great read.

The fun is in the details.. the things the service manual doesn't tell us.. That's the real juicy info.
You include some great links to other sites also.

Thanks again.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:05 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, one question.. If other folks find some great links or info.. How should we send it to you? In a forum thread or a PM to you or email? If all kinds of folks that find good stuff contribute, we'll have a veritable cornucopia of Harley information here eventually.

Old 10-10-2005, 01:30 PM
bassrock
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I would have to agree 100 percent about the Info provided by TC. It is great to have a place where so much info is available for us to indulge in. Thanks TC and keep up the great work it is truly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Thanks TC