General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG membership?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 03:17 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I have kept my national HOG membership since I bought my bike new in 2011. I renew the membership for the member benefits and have never been to a local HOG chapter event. In my old age I find I prefer to ride alone or with a few trusted friends. I have been giving thought to dropping in on one of the local chapter meetings and checking things out.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:19 PM
Stick_FSMC
Tourer
Received 180 Likes on 79 Posts

HOG was not for me. I wanted a bit more, but that was me. It never hurts to check them out though.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:36 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,984 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Depends on the chapter, met some good people in one and made some long time friends, a few other chapters were mostly assclowns. Do your homework and do a few meeting with each dealers chapter to see if you click with any of it before you join. They are on the level they'll welcome you. You'll find the usual group politics, egos and little power games with any of them so an open mind goes a long way.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:01 AM
klup
Tourer
Received 109 Likes on 62 Posts

I pay my yearly hog member Dews but have never been to a meeting prefer to ride alone or with a friend or two have my patch sewed on my best and my pins nobody has every said any thing to me about them

Old 02-25-2017, 03:04 AM
Bart van der Meulen
Road Master
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Please tell me the difference between a HOG Chapter and a Motor Club? Yes, the useless annual payment to the HOG with hardly any return on your money. We as former HOG Chapter in the Netherlands just gave the middle finger to the HOG cause it is just an extension of the MoCo with few benefits. My bike is imported from outside Europe and purchased new at a big dealer in the place in Asia where I lived. All new bikes have a 'HOG Assistant Membership" automatically after purchasing and you can contract this even when your bike is not new anymore. After my return to Europe I tried to close this contract with HOG but they refused, 'cause my bike was not bought in Europe". What the hell? Is the name on the sides of the fueltank not 'Harley Davidson"? Did I not present the original bill of purchase at an official dealer? F.ck the HOG, there only benefit is to collect extra money for the MoCo with a lot of humbug and a few events which are extremely expensive in entrance fee, traveling costs to and accomodation. Besides, most of these events ar held om days that normal folks have to work for their money. The HOG refused our Chapter to be a second Chapter with a dealer when our personal dealer died and his shop was closed down. Bear in mind, that our dealer was one of the first importers of HD in Europe and our Chapter one of the eldest in the Netherlands. And that more Chapters are connected as second chapter to a dealer in our vincinity. Reason for us to decide unanimiously to 'f.ck' with HOG and to start our own Motor Club, Harley Davidson only. HOG, from the Netherlands the middle finger and go on in this way and you will dig your own grave as organization.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:35 AM
leachman
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts

As many others have said, you need to find a local chapter and go to one of the meetings. stay after meeting to speak with as many people as you can. I am a member of two chapters here in CT and will tell you they each offer different things that i am looking for. Both chapters do weekly dinner rides and on meeting nights we may go for ice cream after the meeting. Becoming a life member of HOG has been one of the best decisions i have made in a long time. Remember, you will only get out of it what you put in.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:02 AM
HAOLE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,176 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Originally Posted by Bart van der Meulen
Please tell me the difference between a HOG Chapter and a Motor Club? Yes, the useless annual payment to the HOG with hardly any return on your money. We as former HOG Chapter in the Netherlands just gave the middle finger to the HOG cause it is just an extension of the MoCo with few benefits. My bike is imported from outside Europe and purchased new at a big dealer in the place in Asia where I lived. All new bikes have a 'HOG Assistant Membership" automatically after purchasing and you can contract this even when your bike is not new anymore. After my return to Europe I tried to close this contract with HOG but they refused, 'cause my bike was not bought in Europe". What the hell? Is the name on the sides of the fueltank not 'Harley Davidson"? Did I not present the original bill of purchase at an official dealer? F.ck the HOG, there only benefit is to collect extra money for the MoCo with a lot of humbug and a few events which are extremely expensive in entrance fee, traveling costs to and accomodation. Besides, most of these events ar held om days that normal folks have to work for their money. The HOG refused our Chapter to be a second Chapter with a dealer when our personal dealer died and his shop was closed down. Bear in mind, that our dealer was one of the first importers of HD in Europe and our Chapter one of the eldest in the Netherlands. And that more Chapters are connected as second chapter to a dealer in our vincinity. Reason for us to decide unanimiously to 'f.ck' with HOG and to start our own Motor Club, Harley Davidson only. HOG, from the Netherlands the middle finger and go on in this way and you will dig your own grave as organization.

Big difference if Your doing the Club Right

LOL

Ride Safer Than Me

Haole