General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 01:50 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Battery

Had to order new battery found one at High Tech Battery Solutions $99 shipped made by Deka in Pa. They are the ones that make battery for Harley. It was for my 06 Electra Glide.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:31 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,073 Likes on 2,557 Posts

Good to know...

Old 02-23-2017, 04:15 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,211 Likes on 6,378 Posts

Good job. Next time you put gas in, let us know where you put the gas cap.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:02 PM
monkeyboy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 406 Posts

Are they using UPS to deliver it? I hope not. None of their drivers know how to countersteer.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:10 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,666 Likes on 6,425 Posts

I had to buy a battery for both bikes last summer but not one to wait I bought from local auto parts store. One was less than $120 but the other (same place) was $150. Go figure. I always get the best available, CCA and warranty being top of the list.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:33 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Deka might make Harley batteries, but it could be they are built to different specifications exclusively for Harley than what they market under their brand. I bought a Interstate for the bike 4 years ago. At first, it did just fine, but within a year I noticed it was struggling just a bit on compression stroke. It always fired though. After two years, it began to crap out so I bit the bullet and bought the HD one. After two years, it still spins the engine at startup with lots of vigor. The last HD battery I bought before this lasted 5 years.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:21 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by goodbirds
Deka might make Harley batteries, but it could be they are built to different specifications exclusively for Harley than what they market under their brand.
I bet you are correct. Deka makes the batteries to the specs. that Harley provides. Wouldn't surprise me if they also make batteries for any number of other businesses.

What we (or I, anyway) really don't know is to what degree they equal the batteries that Deka puts out for themselves. Same, better, worse? You got me.

Same can be said for any number of items that companies obtain this way- oil filters, oil itself, etc...... Stuff is made to the specifications of the company ordering the items. Doesn't mean it's the same stuff, just using their factory.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:34 AM
Br125
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewmany
I bet you are correct. Deka makes the batteries to the specs. that Harley provides. Wouldn't surprise me if they also make batteries for any number of other businesses.

What we (or I, anyway) really don't know is to what degree they equal the batteries that Deka puts out for themselves. Same, better, worse? You got me.

Same can be said for any number of items that companies obtain this way- oil filters, oil itself, etc...... Stuff is made to the specifications of the company ordering the items. Doesn't mean it's the same stuff, just using their factory.
I would bet the farm that any deka battery of the same class, CCA, etc. is built to the identical standards as the harley battery. Same with pretty much anything else with a Harley logo on it that they don't make.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:46 AM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,256 Likes on 1,404 Posts

I'd only order a battery if I couldn't find one locally.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:32 AM
Grog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you get an AGM battery your throwing away your money. The AGM /Gel batteries aren't effected by the vibration which means they will outlast any lead-acid battery. If you have the money the new lithium batteries are a fraction of the weight

Quick Reply: Battery