General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy stuff

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:23 PM
KJ_Norway
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy stuff

Hi fellow riders. I'm a Norwegiangoing on a 3 week trip to the US in July-August. I'm flying in and out of Denver Colorado, and going to visit relatives mostly spread out in Wyoming. I have a wish list of goodies for my bike that is rather long, so if anyone could give me a hint of where I would find the best selection of things I would be most thankful. Prices in the US are more comfortable tha in Norway.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:33 PM
dan69co
Tourer
Default RE: Where to buy stuff

Probably best selection at Thunder Mountain HD in Denver.Dont have their address, should be in yellow pages. I dont know any others in Denver metro area as I hate driving in Denver, just not my cup of tea. I know there are acouple of others but I'm not sure what they carry for goodies.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior

Not sure what types of goodies that you're looking for. www.mandmcycles.com is pretty good.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Gunney8
Cruiser

Thunder Mountain HD is indeed a very large dealership. Mucho things to spend $$ on and they carry a pretty good amount of stuff in stock. It is actually in Loveland, CO, about 1/2 - 45 mins North of Denver on I-25. Can't miss it, just off the freeway. If you get a chance to ride the Rocky Mountains, you will not regret it (rent one for a day and have a blast).

Old 06-03-2007, 08:53 AM
KJ_Norway
2nd Gear

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely look up Thunder Mountain HD, and probably also rent a bike for a day. I'm bringing my family also, but I can probably park them somewhere that day. I've been in the RockyMountainswith a car some years ago, but on a HD this will be a memory for a lifetime. M&M Cycles looks pretty good for mail order, and I will probably get some stufffrom them later.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:34 AM
BigBuddy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would look in to ordering from Eastern Performance Cycles. They have great prices and ship for free in the US. I buy off of their eBay store. Here is a link to their eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/EASTERN-PERFORMANCE-CYCLES

The only issue you might have is paying for an item with a credit card that has a different address than the location that you are shipping to. If you contact them directly, you might be able to work something out ahead of time. Here is a link to their website:
http://www.easternperformance.com/

Good luck! Hope you enjoy your upcoming visit to the US!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 12:17 PM
dan69co
Tourer

I'm pretty sure Thundermountain HD has a Denver location also. Bought my ride in Loveland as it is closer for me. Watch out tho , you'll fall in love with some of the custom bikes they have there. Make sure you bring plenty of greenbacks too. Going in for a tune Monday , but will leave cc's at home. TOO TEMPTING!

Old 06-14-2007, 01:45 PM
KJ_Norway
2nd Gear

Hi BB, Yes we do order a lot of stuff from Norway on e-bay, and I'm sure my cosine in Denver has no problems forwarding my purchases (I hope). Right now I'm taking stuff back with me that I can fit in the luggage without exceeding the weight too much. Like heated hand controls, and chrome bobtail fender rack. For compeering the heated hand controls cost 670 USD in Norway [:'(](Bike itself cost me 47.500, - USD in Norway)
I also have to apologize for not responding quicly to your replies, but I'm always out travelling in my line of work, so please bear with me.