General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many DUI's is too much?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007 | 04:04 PM
vegashd
Banned
Default RE: How many DUI's is too much?

ORIGINAL: Fandango6

ORIGINAL: skinhead

Think about this. The legal limit in louisiana is .08 , and about to go to .05. That is not even one beer. I think you should be able to drink a couple of beers and still be able to drive . I dont think that you should be drunk and drive , but you are still very much aware of your surroundings and very alert after two beers. That goes back to the money racket , they are only worried about the money. Everyone has there own opinion , so I figured I should put in my .02
Any LEO's know how many beers will put you over .08?
on an average 2 beers within an hour and driving will put you over .08.. YES 2 beers and driving an hour later...... people are different so bigger guys may take a hair more... but to be honest it really is not that mmuch at ALL

Old 06-02-2007 | 06:09 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: tinknocker_02...One bad judgement I will give anybody but after that one no excuses period.

Gotta agree...I'll give anyone the benefit of 'one mistake', if you didn't kill or injure anyone, didn't cause any property damage (other to your own property), and just basically made that 'bad decision'. No one's perfect, and alcohol decreases the likelihood of making 'perfect' decisions. But when ya sober up, and the reality of your bad decision catches up with you...Dang, don't do it again.

I've made it home in 'my younger days' too many times, without an incident, to tempt fate any further. Sooner or later...It'll catch up with you. I no longer want to spin that wheel.

Bottom Line: It's not worth it. Especially if you have assets, income, or anything else to lose.

Old 06-02-2007 | 09:20 PM
cadillac
|
Road Master

According to this page, I could have 6 beers in 1 hour which seems really wrong.

http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

bob

Old 06-02-2007 | 09:26 PM
ZD
Road Master

ORIGINAL: thrillseeker

I posted twice so this subject wouldn't get lost in my first post....

You know what really gets me going about all this? This damned "click it or ticket" BS that keeps coming up on a regular basis. The feds pressure the local agencies to make sure everyone is wearing a seatbelt, or they won't get the federal highway funding they need.... its a freakin' joke man.
This is what our feds have decided is important.... not a real war on drugs, or DUI, or rape, or child molestation.... SEATBELTS!!!!! There are people out there getting dozens of DUI's, etc, and the feds are concerned about you and I wearing our damned seatbelts. Sometimes I just don't get our government, and how they set their priorties.
I gotta agree on this one. Seatbelts and smoking tobacco... It's called "Picking the low-hanging fruit".

Old 06-02-2007 | 09:33 PM
ZD
Road Master

ORIGINAL: edilgdaor

I hate to be politically incorrect here, but we have been increasing DUI penalties and lowering legal limits and the problem is getting worse.

Maybe we should look at the other end of the problem. You know, before the person drinks and gets in a car, and not after. Right now, it seems like there's no money to be had actually correcting the problem, but there's plenty of moneyto be made punishing the offenders, so that's where the effort is made. More money to be made punishing, so lets increase the opportunity to punish.

If we actually stop the drunks from driving, we won't get all the money, so why do that ?
Politicians and lawyers make their livingexploiting issues. It's not in their best interests to actually solve any problems.

Old 06-02-2007 | 10:44 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member

one is to many[&:]