General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona Bike Week '17

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 05:10 PM
rollonfreebird
Tourer
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

6 of us going, staying in st Augustine, gonna ride back and forth

The following users liked this post:
LoneRiderFLH (03-11-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 09:18 PM
skyflyer
Road Captain
Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts

Almost time I'm heading out in the morning.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:43 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Leaving tomorrow in the morning.......

Old 03-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Labrador
Road Master
Received 503 Likes on 260 Posts

I scoured the forum to get information on things to do at Daytona. Sharing with you bits and pieces that I copied from other posts in case you need a list of things to do. If outdated let me know and I will correct.

DESTINATION DAYTONA- 1635 N U.S. Hwy 1, Ormond Beach, FL 32174
1. Destination Daytona I-95 and US-1 will have the vendors you are looking for. Destination Daytona on the north side of town on the freeway has most of what you are looking for. Destination Daytona has lots of vendors as well as bands. It’s really in Ormond Beach but not near the water.
2. The road to Daytona from there has some good bars, the Broken Spur, Smileys Tap and the Iron Horse Saloon. Good Bar-b-q place at DD too but can't remember the name. During bike week Destination Daytona is like going to a carnival at night with all the lights, rides, sounds and people (to be clear there is NO carnival just the feeling).

FLEA MARKET - 1425 Tomoka Farms Rd., Daytona Beach, FL 32124,
1. On the T shirts, go to the Daytona Flea Market. The shirts go for $5 and up. Open Every - Fri. , Sat., Sun., 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. - Rain or Shine (by Daytona 500 international Speedway)

HARLEY DEALERSHIPS-
1. Bruce Rossmeyers at Destination Daytona
2. Bruce Rossmeyers at Main Street Daytona , 510 Main St, Daytona Beach, FL 32118
3. The Harley Dealer off of 95 a little north of Daytona has good bike shows, entertainment, chicks, and vendors.
4. Dealership on the river I think it is Beach St., Cabbage patch, Lots of vendors scattered all over .

EATERIES & SALOONS
1. Breakfast: It's all Good, US1 past Dunlawton on left (Port Orange) Cheap and good.
2. Lunch: Old Harley dealer on Beach St, soup and sandwich is great
3. Dinner: Pagano's on US1 North of Dunlawton (Port Orange) great Italian
4. If you like authentic Mexican Tia Corri's on Beach Street is some of the best I've had, and they were open late when we were there.
5. Buy your food in Port Orange or New Smyrna beach or Holly Hill. Restaurants in Daytona jack up prices for that week.
6. You got to go to Boot Hill Saloon. There's an AC/DC cover band called Highway to Hell.
7. Ormond Beach, just north of Daytona and visit the Iron Horse Saloon. It’s an unbelievable place. It’s like a dedicated biker village.
8. Another must is cole slaw wrestling at the Cabbage Patch.
9. Good Bar-b-q place at DD too but can't remember the name

DAYTONA SPEEDWAY
1. The Speedway has lots of vendors and demo rides, racing etc. The Daytona 500 track has all of the vendors as well. Much easier parking than Destination but you should still visit Destination.
2. At the track you can also test ride many of the new Harley Models, you get a test ride slip good for the week, enter a line, they scan out the bike you choose to ride and go around about a 3 mile test circuit on your own, return the bike it is scanned in and repeat the process on as many bikes as often as you want, great way to test the new bikes.

OTHER ATTRACTIONS
1. Beach Street is a cool place to browse around....lots of vendors. Follow it around the corner and across the bridge and it turns into Main Street (or maybe it turns into Main before the bridge but you get the picture.)
2. Do the Loop off of A1A, Bruce Rossmeyers Destination Daytona, Daytona Speedway, Main St at night.

The following users liked this post:
bradn (03-10-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 12:58 PM
TheRoad
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been wintering in St. Augustine for the last two winters. I had the bike in the shop in Jacksonville today. The electronic road signs on 95 are all lit up warning the cage drivers to watch out for motorcycles. Trailers are already streaming south to Daytona. It sure is a fun ride south from St. Augustine in the mornings. Lots of bike going south.
I will make the trip down on the days I am attending. It is only an hour each way. I usually stop at Rossmyers for refreshments and a visit to the vendors. I hope it is warn so the pretty girls don't catch a cold! I think this year I want to catch some racing in addition to seeing the usual sights. Don't forget the Main Street Curise at least once.
Wave!

Old 03-09-2017, 07:03 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Heading down early Saturday morning after having missed last year caus of shoulder replacement. And this should be interesting getting out of central Pa. To snow a couple inches before daylight Friday morning and when I leave at 5 am Saturday, it's to be 16 degrees. Sure hope the Gerbing doesn't leave me down. Will be bundled up for a couple hundred miles

Old 03-10-2017, 07:23 AM
LowcountryRK
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a heads up on weather for those who will be coming through GA on I95 around the Savannah area forecast. Saturday looks good... Sunday looks like the wet stuff.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:06 AM
inkdemon
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Going to be a nice one today. Highest for weather according to the phone app. We're in St Johns just north of Augustine. Makes for great rides to DD as well as Daytona area each day. Have fun everyone and stay safe out there. I'll be the heavy set guy on the black road glide. Ha!!! Let the shenanigans begin!!

Old 03-10-2017, 09:08 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Went once, will never go again.

rode my sportster 2 days from Maryland, solo, just go to daytona. Got there and was so disgusted with the level of stupidity, drunk bikers, and cliche nonsense that i left within 2 hours and didn't look back. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...-wanna-go.html

the journey there was more fun than actually being there... to me anyway.

i now live 3 hours away from daytona and you couldn't pay me to ride over there.

​​​​
I now only hit small or oddball rallies and gatherings
Huge rallies are not my cup of tea.

i know that new street rod is going to be over there though. I want to ride it but, it isnt worth the drama.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:15 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 898 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
Went once, will never go again.

rode my sportster 2 days from Maryland, solo, just go to daytona. Got there and was so disgusted with the level of stupidity, drunk bikers, and cliche nonsense that i left within 2 hours and didn't look back. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...-wanna-go.html

the journey there was more fun than actually being there... to me anyway.

i now live 3 hours away from daytona and you couldn't pay me to ride over there.

​​​​
I now only hit small or oddball rallies and gatherings
Huge rallies are not my cup of tea.

i know that new street rod is going to be over there though. I want to ride it but, it isnt worth the drama.
It's good that you're not going. It doesn't sound like you'd have a good time, and it's best left to people that want to have fun.

I considered dropping my trip and not working next week, and riding down. Decided not to, and I'm regretting that decision - woke up to more snow on the ground. LMAO!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 03-19-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Daytona Bike Week '17