General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide to Heritage?..

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017 | 05:01 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by LXT
Well I zoomed in & I still don't see how you drag the pipes & the clearance on the frame is good.....But I see the board on your left with ability to touch down But not your pipes or frame!

Is that a FB low? on my Heritage I would scrape the crash bar way before anything else & if I dragged pipes or primary id have wrecked the bike cause short of laying it down there aint no way no how I'm dragging / scraping engine parts!

But hey if you think a SG is the ticket that's your call & why we all have choices, BTW I like the bike - sharp scoot!!!
Thanks, it was a good bike and it is a Lo. Just did not work for me. I can zoom in on my picture viewer and see the scrape marks, but it won't let me post the zoomed pics here.

I do have pics of the scrape marks on the primary case on my springer and also the scrapes on the shields on my SG, but they are still in my garage so a little easier to get pics.

Like you said, whatever works the best is the bike you should go with. If my back was not messed up I would still have a sport bike in the garage for hitting the mountains. For now the SG will have to do.

Old 01-30-2017 | 05:32 PM
thor05deluxe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LXT
Well I zoomed in & I still don't see how you drag the pipes & the clearance on the frame is good.....But I see the board on your left with ability to touch down But not your pipes or frame!

Is that a FB low? on my Heritage I would scrape the crash bar way before anything else & if I dragged pipes or primary id have wrecked the bike cause short of laying it down there aint no way no how I'm dragging / scraping engine parts!

But hey if you think a SG is the ticket that's your call & why we all have choices, BTW I like the bike - sharp scoot!!!

The frame will never touch, it's more in-line with the center of the bike. Think of it in terms of a plane. Even though the wings are the same height as the underbelly, they will drag first as the plane rolls to one side and the underbelly will never touch. The further you get off center the less lean angle you'll have. I'd sure like to move my floorboards outwards, but don't want to sacrifice the lean angle. It already sucks as it is.