General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide to Heritage?..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017 | 11:03 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Like I posted in your other thread, the touring bikes have better lean angles. I would never go back, but I ride a lot in the mountains. I loved my Softails and still own a Springer, but my SG is a better ride IMO.

Old 01-26-2017 | 02:56 AM
HardRokko
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RedNose44
Like I posted in your other thread, the touring bikes have better lean angles. I would never go back, but I ride a lot in the mountains. I loved my Softails and still own a Springer, but my SG is a better ride IMO.

check my locations around (behind) Genova..
https://www.google.it/maps/@44.53385...!3m1!1e3?hl=it

Old 01-26-2017 | 11:55 AM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by HardRokko

check my locations around (behind) Genova..
https://www.google.it/maps/@44.53385...!3m1!1e3?hl=it
Looks like great riding. I would definitely want a bike with decent lean angle riding on those mountain roads. I still scrape my boards and pipes once in a while on my SG, but it is much better than my Softails.

Old 01-26-2017 | 11:58 AM
CheefASRC
Cruiser

I love my 15 SGS, but I also love the FXRS for twisties and rolling around own. Long distance, the SGS cant be beat IMHO

Old 01-26-2017 | 01:46 PM
CyGlide
Road Captain

I went from a 2013 Street Glide to my Heritage. Main reason for selling the Streetglide was that everyone had one. You go to a bike night and it's easy to forget which bike is yours. I like my Heritage in that I have made it mine and it's still pretty comfy, but I miss the two up abilities of my SG. In the next year or so I plan to add a RG or SG back to the stable for longer rides.

Old 01-26-2017 | 03:35 PM
LXT
Road Master

Not sure why the lean angle sucks on the Heritage in stock form, but they have the relocation kit & there are other options, I can hit the bends just as good as any streetglide or touring bike for that matter & comfort on the heritage is just as good solo or two up.

for the extra price of the streetglide you can add to the softail & its just as good if not better for less money! the poserglide Ooops I mean streetglide has just been over done & oversold IMO, Willie G made a killin off that but its ran its course.....especially in BLACK. keep your fob handy at the rally so you can find it!

Old 01-26-2017 | 04:04 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by LXT
Not sure why the lean angle sucks on the Heritage in stock form, but they have the relocation kit & there are other options, I can hit the bends just as good as any streetglide or touring bike for that matter & comfort on the heritage is just as good solo or two up.

for the extra price of the streetglide you can add to the softail & its just as good if not better for less money! the poserglide Ooops I mean streetglide has just been over done & oversold IMO, Willie G made a killin off that but its ran its course.....especially in BLACK. keep your fob handy at the rally so you can find it!
All subjective, I reckon, but couldn't disagree more that the Heritage is just as comfortable (especially for the passenger) than the Street Glide. And the fact still remains...the Street Glide is still Harley's best seller. It's not over yet.

The following users liked this post:
LXT (01-26-2017)
Old 01-26-2017 | 06:36 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

SG way to "trendy" & common now, and I think a Softail wins in the looks dept. every time. Although, I DO prefer rubber mount over balanced. More "Harleyish".

Old 01-27-2017 | 08:23 AM
oct1949
Club Member

I have a friend that has both... it surprised me when he said he puts 2x the miles on the Heritage as the ST-G and he also likes the Heritage better on trips..

Old 01-27-2017 | 11:50 AM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by LXT
Bullshit! This statement tells me you have not ridden a late model touring bike. I owned nothing but Softails until last year (still own one with forward controls), and it's no comparison in the mountains. Go to HD's site and look at the different lean angles for the different bikes, or better yet go ride a touring bike. My boards on my FB when I traded it in were worn down to the point that the edges were sharp like a knife. It was terrible in the twisties.

Quick Reply: Street Glide to Heritage?..