General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:05 PM
redsox
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM parts

for some reason my bike -2007 XL883L- doesnt have a lot of OEM parts available thru these aftermarket online vendors. A lot of these HD dealers from whom I try to buy and ship OEM parts act like their doing me a favor. PMO-the parts monkey is there to sell ME the OEM part not be an ego freak. Who has a good dealer wholl take money for HD OEM parts? please I just want these pats and my local dealer aint worth a s-----

Old 01-13-2017, 11:14 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 15,814 Likes on 6,704 Posts

Look up part numbers here

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....asp?make=hdmc

I have had very service ordering from Surdyke, which is a forum sponsor.

https://www.surdyke.com/

Old 01-14-2017, 06:46 AM
redsox

thanx-I know im not the only one with this problem, but if im spending my money I dont want your attitude-thats what I have an ex wife for-- I have looked at both sights and sent them emails,thanx for your help!

Old 01-14-2017, 12:43 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,313 Likes on 1,861 Posts

There's gotta be more to this...

Old 01-14-2017, 03:18 PM
redsox

there is! Ive been riding all makes of bikes for 35 years, and mechanically they are just as good if not better than Harley's You have a H----O-- for Harley's? God Bless you but there are far better built machines out there. I had a hard time with the counter monkey's aat my local HD dealership becasue of their ego and mouth- After 40 years in the trades ive dealt with a lot of vendors- I spend my money-you get me my parts-then shut up. So a lot of unwarented ego involved with this brand-a lpt of accountants in chaps-grow up-I just want to buy OEM parts for this bike so I can sell it and buy a real bike -you dont like my approach? this is for you- and this is for the horse you rode in on

Old 01-14-2017, 04:12 PM
martinj
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 17,323 Likes on 6,860 Posts

Originally Posted by redsox
there is! Ive been riding all makes of bikes for 35 years, and mechanically they are just as good if not better than Harley's You have a H----O-- for Harley's? God Bless you but there are far better built machines out there. I had a hard time with the counter monkey's aat my local HD dealership becasue of their ego and mouth- After 40 years in the trades ive dealt with a lot of vendors- I spend my money-you get me my parts-then shut up. So a lot of unwarented ego involved with this brand-a lpt of accountants in chaps-grow up-I just want to buy OEM parts for this bike so I can sell it and buy a real bike -you dont like my approach? this is for you- and this is for the horse you rode in on
I may be wrong-- but reading your post a couple of times makes me wonder if your attitude isn't enabling the attitude you're seeing in the H-D "parts monkeys", as you so aptly put it. Just a thought.....

Old 01-14-2017, 04:29 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,679 Likes on 1,665 Posts

Originally Posted by martinj
I may be wrong-- but reading your post a couple of times makes me wonder if your attitude isn't enabling the attitude you're seeing in the H-D "parts monkeys", as you so aptly put it. Just a thought.....
My first thought as well. By and large, what you get from others is yourself being reflected back.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:30 PM
redsox

God Bless you! vendors are vendors- You sound like a cop- its always someone elses fault. I just want parts for my bike -I pay you Iget the parts ,if I have to wipe your nose to get you to do your F--- job the problem does not rest with me-im done here

thanx for everyones help

Old 01-14-2017, 04:49 PM
BMyers
Road Master
Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts

God Bless you! vendors are vendors- You sound like a cop- its always someone elses fault. I just want parts for my bike -I pay you Iget the parts ,if I have to wipe your nose to get you to do your F--- job the problem does not rest with me-im done here

thanx for everyones help
I suspect you are dealing with Big Barn. Head to Zylstra in Ames. I've built bikes from scratch; give them p/n I get parts. I suggest Aaron.

Last edited by BMyers; 01-14-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:05 PM
martinj
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 17,323 Likes on 6,860 Posts

thanx for everyones help
It appears Omaha and I were correct. Sadly.

The following users liked this post:
BMyers (01-14-2017)

Quick Reply: OEM parts