Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Air/Hydraulic conversion first test

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 10:00 AM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,203 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Originally Posted by 90PROFX
I realize this is an old post, but I just ran across it and would like to know why the hyd. flow valve was installed ????????????????
I'm guessing to regulate the speed at which the lift goes up.

I had a buddy make a lift for his log splitter. I borrowed his log splitter, rolled about a 70lb log up to the lift, hit the lever to raise the log up and launched the log about 10 feet the other side of the log splitter. When I complained about it to him he said "yeah you got to pull that lever slowly". I bought the log splitter from him a few years later and removed that damn log launcher.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:23 PM
90PROFX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VAFish
I'm guessing to regulate the speed at which the lift goes up.

I had a buddy make a lift for his log splitter. I borrowed his log splitter, rolled about a 70lb log up to the lift, hit the lever to raise the log up and launched the log about 10 feet the other side of the log splitter. When I complained about it to him he said "yeah you got to pull that lever slowly". I bought the log splitter from him a few years later and removed that damn log launcher.

I have the same setup (Hyd Cyl & Hyd/Air Foot Pump) and going up in not an issue as the Hyd/Air Foot Pump builds pressure rather slowly. I'm having to assume it's the trip back down that might be the issue.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:15 PM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,149 Likes on 6,691 Posts

Great built!

Old 03-01-2019, 06:26 AM
Cossack84
Tourer
Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 90PROFX
I realize this is an old post, but I just ran across it and would like to know why the hyd. flow valve was installed ????????????????
Its probably a one way flow control. Going up it’s full flow and closed needle valve has no effect on oil. Once the table is up, it stays up until you open the valve and let oil back out, lowering your bike.