General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley leans in a new direction.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 05:17 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

The original H-D design was on a sportster. It was just ready for production when an executive stepped in and halted it.

The question from one of the posters asking if the Revolution motor production was over is no. Many misunderstood the report on the production schedule for 17 models that the number needed for the balance of the model year of Vrods was met and production was over. However production for the 18 model year will start at its usual time.

It is part of H-D's cost controls to front load each model years production then lay off the temp workers until needed.

Last edited by lh4x4; 12-22-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:10 PM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Not sure what this thread has to do with Harley Touring bikes. Moved to General Chat.
A trike would be less fatiguing on a long trip (a.k.a. Touring), the conversions are more often done on touring bikes than say a Dyna, the examples shown are touring bikes...whew...it's exhausting thinking outside the box like that.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:28 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,138 Likes on 2,682 Posts

Originally Posted by twoglides13
This seems to be a better idea than two wheels in the back because of the ability to "lean" into turns. The can-am sits, sounds and rides like a snow mobile!
I miss my snowmobile. Lots of fun.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:30 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,358 Likes on 5,498 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
they had them on display in the hd museum when I went in 2011. I'd ride one of these before a spyder....

When wife was with me and they had them out at Museum We both agreed if the market one we would buy one the 2009 version was the better of the two

Old 12-22-2016, 08:23 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Very cool. If you have to 3-wheel it, this would be much less limiting than the current Tri Glides. It would probably put a lot more people on 3-wheels as well. That thing would smoke a Tri Glide in the twisties and offer a much more natural riding experience. I see several advantages with this 3-wheel design and it's obvious that it would be a hell of a lot more fun to ride. Seems to me that if HD releases this as a production model, that it would kill Tri Glide sales. But they'll probably remedy that by offering these new models starting at like $50k. Guess time will tell...

Here's a little more informative video:

Last edited by PanHeadRich; 12-22-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:58 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
I haven't ridden a newer trike, but if they're anything like the older versions, they are one of the most ill handling vehicles I've ever planted my a$$ on. This newer version may be the answer for those who are no longer able to pilot two wheelers.
Had a guy on a new trike seriously try to bust my ***** about it being to outhandle mine anytime anywhere, Wasn't even a hard set of twisties and after the second time he about lost it he quit chasing , we didn't even crack 15mph over the limit . May be the thing for some but not happening in my future.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:16 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,319 Likes on 1,446 Posts

I'd like to see Harley build some Servi Car replicas.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 49,864 Likes on 19,341 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Had a guy on a new trike seriously try to bust my ***** about it being to outhandle mine anytime anywhere, Wasn't even a hard set of twisties and after the second time he about lost it he quit chasing , we didn't even crack 15mph over the limit . May be the thing for some but not happening in my future.
try to bust my ***** about it being to outhandle mine anytime anywhere ... He musta been smokin' the good stuff :>)

Old 12-23-2016, 04:19 AM
Bart van der Meulen
Road Master
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Threewheeler of HD? Leaning over in curves? No way, no trike, no three wheeler for me. When I become too old and weak to keep my bike upright for a traffic light I will mount a sidecar. At least I keep the feeling of riding a motorbike.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:20 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Having owned a TriGlide and ridden a FLH with a sidecar, I can tell you for certain the TriGlide is much easier and safer to handle particularly in corners. You do have to muscle that sidehack around much more at slow speeds

Quick Reply: Harley leans in a new direction.......