General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider S Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Raychel Shaffer
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lou Rider
Hi...the wheels are ride wright fat daddy 52 spoke wheels in gloss black. nothing to do to fit them except new front disc rotors and I chose to match the rear disc rotor to the new front ones. oh and of course new tyres to match the new size rims They slot straight on. rear is 180/55/18, front 120/70/21.
Hi! New here and I only opened this account to see if you can hopefully help me Lou! Those wheels look so dope on your bike and I'm wanting to order them for my boyfriends bike for Christmas, I dont know **** about sizes or anything but he also rides a 2017 lowrider S. What size do I order from that website? 😂

Old 12-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,541 Likes on 2,146 Posts

When I had my Low S I initially thought the same about the “gold” wheels, however after a while I changed my mind. The original wheels differentiated the bike from other Dynas. Black wheels make it look like any other bike. Just my humble opinion.

And just to say, my new 114 softail low rider is actually excellent. The new frame approaches my FXR in terms of handling. Yes, it’s missing the side mounts shocks, which I really liked, but I’m not missing my S anymore.

Try the softail frame before you knock it...

Old 12-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,541 Likes on 2,146 Posts

Originally Posted by Raychel Shaffer
Hi! New here and I only opened this account to see if you can hopefully help me Lou! Those wheels look so dope on your bike and I'm wanting to order them for my boyfriends bike for Christmas, I dont know **** about sizes or anything but he also rides a 2017 lowrider S. What size do I order from that website? ��
Ray, bike mods are a very personal thing. While you wanting to surprise your man with new wheels, which is awesome, the most I get (bike parts that is...) from my girl is a new gremlin bell lol, you could spend a lot of money for something that he may not appreciate as much as you hope.

Unless of course you saw him say “damn, I’d love those wheels on my bike”...

Old 12-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Lou Rider
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Raychel...
Hmmm.. thats a tricky question. You see the wheels you see on the photos of my bike are not the size the bike comes with..

let me explain....
Original wheels sizes.... front : 19" diameter 2.5" wide rear : 17" diameter 4.5"wide
The Ride Wright wheels.... front 21" diameter 2.5"wide rear: 18" diameter 5.5" wide

The new wheels then require different size tyres ..
Original tyres...... front : 100/90 19inch rear : 160/70 18inch
TYres for new rims... front : 120/70 21inch rear : 180/55 18inch

also....the front brake disc rotors on the Original wheels will only fir them wheels, 2 new disc rotors are required for the new wheels. I purchased HD brand discs. The original rear disc rotor will fit but will look out of place with the new rotors on the front so i bought the rear rotor also to match.

Also...I'm pretty sur the wheels take a little while to order and make to your size spec and colour, so you will likely not have them for Xmas.

I dont mean to dissuade you from doing this for him, but there is a bit to consider with the wheel change and costs.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:14 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,558 Likes on 808 Posts

To me the gold wheels make the bike, sets it apart (for better or worse) from the other bikes in the Dyna lineup. At first I didn't like them but over the past year of ownership, they've grown on me.

The following users liked this post:
Mchad (12-11-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 10:51 AM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
To me the gold wheels make the bike, sets it apart (for better or worse) from the other bikes in the Dyna lineup. At first I didn't like them but over the past year of ownership, they've grown on me.
Agreed. I've seen FXDLS's with black wheels and it just doesn't look right. I've also seen people change to a brighter gold, and that doesn't look right either. I like the stock colour, especially as it doesn't show up dirt anywhere near as badly as black. Only way i'd change mine is if i ever decide to change the colour of the whole bike.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:39 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,453 Likes on 2,597 Posts

Originally Posted by Lou Rider
Hi...the wheels are ride wright fat daddy 52 spoke wheels in gloss black. nothing to do to fit them except new front disc rotors and I chose to match the rear disc rotor to the new front ones. oh and of course new tyres to match the new size rims They slot straight on. rear is 180/55/18, front 120/70/21.
RideWrights come in 50 cand 30 count fat spokes only. DNA and another brand I can’t think of come in 52 count fat spokes LR. G.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:28 AM
Mattf748
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I like the stock wheels colour, I also appreciate the option of black wheels on the LRS that others have made.
But I am a fan of a little contrast and brown and black works for me.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:19 AM
Raychel Shaffer
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad

Ray, bike mods are a very personal thing. While you wanting to surprise your man with new wheels, which is awesome, the most I get (bike parts that is...) from my girl is a new gremlin bell lol, you could spend a lot of money for something that he may not appreciate as much as you hope.

Unless of course you saw him say “damn, I’d love those wheels on my bike”...
Ordered the 52 spoke from Dyna and my guy loves them!! Unfortunately Harley just called and said they do not fit. I am so disappointed..

Old 02-26-2019, 12:22 PM
irish44
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DylanR

Mine turned out pretty nice
Dylan what exhaust are you running?

Quick Reply: Low Rider S Wheels