General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Even The Boss breaks down.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 10:43 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,192 Likes on 6,718 Posts

If it was you that was broke down, would you turn away help because of someone's politics? Unless it's stamped on their forehead, or a big sign on their back, how do you keep track anyway? I barely have time to form my own deplorable opinions, let alone monitor someone else's.

But if you feel that strongly about it, stab 'em as you go riding by...make a difference.

The following users liked this post:
From_Behind (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 11:11 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryT
Not a Boss music fan, never liked his music. But after reading this thread it is sobering to see how ugly a big part of this country really is. Makes me wonder about where I live and have served all this time?
Politicians on both sides of the isle have been systematically destroying and dividing this country for 20 years...And THIS is the thread that has opened your eyes?

I said earlier I'd give him a ride, and try to explain the error of his ways.

I have a problem with elites...Political, Musical, Hollywood, who believe they know better than us, and use their fame, and access to media to tell their minions what's best for them. They rarely leave the confines of the Blue perimeter areas, and they really think 50% of the country is comprised of borderline retards...The ones that do the work of keeping a country going, those people, they have great contempt for.

boston jim (11-25-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 11:27 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 11,138 Likes on 4,353 Posts

[QUOTE=RHPAW;15683511] Unless it's stamped on their forehead, or a big sign on their back, how do you keep track anyway?[QUOTE]

Maybe you didn't read my responses. It wouldn't normally be something I would even be concerned about. The subject was one person, Bruce Springsteen. In case you didn't see it, he played for a Hillary rally on election day eve. He also uses his fame and his other concerts to push for the ultra left progressives. That's how I know....he puts it out there often. His right.

My right also. Simple.

boston jim (11-25-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 11:35 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Please find me a star, of similar magnitude, in front of 30,000 plus people, say "Foch Hillary".

Party of inclusion and compassion my a$$.

The following 3 users liked this post by rdam:
AJSHOVEL (11-16-2016), boston jim (11-25-2016), Greezey Rider (11-25-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 02:11 PM
stevmac1
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by smokingjoe
And i would give a big mouthed jerk like you a ride too, as long as you kept your liberal views to yourself.
Joe
Not me, I voted for Trump.

I'm just not so concerned as to which way ANYONE IN NEED leans...

Appreciate the lift in advance though.

Peace

Old 11-16-2016, 02:21 PM
warprints
Road Warrior
Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Let's hear it for benevolent dictatorships! Get rid of the scum that rises to the top every election, and reduce the whining, on both sides, to a muted rumble.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:34 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,352 Likes on 1,873 Posts

I've stopped and helped (or tried to) many bikers as well as motorists in my time.
I had no way of knowing who they were or who they voted for, all I knew at the time was they needed help.
If you refuse to help or talk to someone simply over their political leanings that you'd better be prepared to lose nearly half of your friends, family members and co-workers!

We went to the H-D Anniversary Party in Milwaukee several years ago and Springsteen was one of the acts that were playing.
My wife, her brother, my neighbor's wife and my wife's best friend's husband were fans so we all bought tickets to the event.
As expected, the event was very crowded. Sitting on the ground was nearly impossible unless you wanted to risk being trampled. We got our drinks and were standing around killing time until the show started.
When the "warm up" guy opened for Springsteen, he shortly started with the "hate Bush" BS, and it continued, for how long I'm not sure as we left just as the "Boss" started his first song (as did a lot of other folks).

When any performer(s) gets on stage, in front of fans who have paid to hear them sing, dance, tell jokes, etc., they risk losing half of those fans when they start campaigning or preaching. Just ask the Dixie Chics (Just shut up and sing) about this!

boston jim (11-25-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 03:17 PM
warprints
Road Warrior
Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

2AMGuy - I agree with you that an entertainer, especially when being paid to entertain, should not stray from the contracted task and start spewing political crap - be it pro-liberal, pro-conservative, pro-gun, anti-gun, whatever, etc. They can do that on their own time.

boston jim (11-25-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 03:42 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

I would have helped him but I would of definitely let him know the Manfred Mann version of Blinded by the light was better then his.

The following 2 users liked this post by corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com:
boston jim (11-25-2016), RandyL (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 03:43 PM
cobaltt
Road Captain
Received 136 Likes on 68 Posts

The BOSS is an a$$. I bet he ran out of gas and didn't know how to fill up the tank. maybe he should buy a Harley. cuz they were....

Boooorn in the USA!

boston jim (11-25-2016)

Quick Reply: Even The Boss breaks down.