General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wieblers HD in Davenport

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wieblers HD in Davenport

Well, I was not able to get my bike in early enough to get myoil changed at 1000 miles. I went to the dealer yesterday to get a filter so I could atleast change the oil. I went to the counter to buy the filter, and the parts guy asked me if I needed oil, or whether or not I wanted a chrome filter, or a black filter. I told him the story about the waiting for three weeks to get my bike in (not told to him as a way to make them look bad). He then took the filter (black) and handed it to me and said "no charge." He apologized for not being able to get the bike in earlier, and appreciated my effort to change the oil myself due to the fact that I am surely goig over the 1000 miles.

I don't want to get Wieblers (the parts guy anyway) in trouble for giving out parts, but I was most appreciative of their looking out for me.They also reassured me that this would have NO affect on warranty, and that it happens all the time.

Good guys at Wieblers, if you ever get out this way, stop in and pay them a visit. The free coffee in the little HD styrofoam cups is worth the visit.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:23 PM
thumper05
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Wieblers HD in Davenport

Your luckey ya didnt get charged double for the coffee,,

I do my shopping in clinton , where i got my scoot even thou weiblers is 20 miles closer to home.

example...fairing insert for windshield screw at clinton..$1.20 weiblers $1.75 ..same flippin part ...wtf??? same with oil filters.. and any parts...

Old 05-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master

I like the Clinton shop too. My brother in law and his son bought their bikes there. Just too far for me to drive to get parts, when you factor in gas. Both shops have done well for me. No complaints. Maybe when I startneeding more expensive stuff, it will be a bigger issue. Then again, the internet is a wonderful place to shop for parts too.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Drum
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

First I'd like to say I'm glad they took care of you, but isn't your1000 mileoil change free? They always add the cost to the new bikes.

I do buy from the Davenport store and will not knock them but I also deal with Clinton because of the fair price & the great service. Matter of fact, we were up in Galena Saturday night around 7:30pm, having a drink at a bar and we look over and saw Scott from the Clinton store, he got a call that a customer broke down so he pulled the trailer up there and got the bike fixed so they could ride Sunday..............now that's service.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:53 AM
Brackneyc
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Drum

First I'd like to say I'm glad they took care of you, but isn't your1000 mileoil change free? They always add the cost to the new bikes.

I do buy from the Davenport store and will not knock them but I also deal with Clinton because of the fair price & the great service. Matter of fact, we were up in Galena Saturday night around 7:30pm, having a drink at a bar and we look over and saw Scott from the Clinton store, he got a call that a customer broke down so he pulled the trailer up there and got the bike fixed so they could ride Sunday..............now that's service.

Well, I alread paid for the 1000/5000 mile services. I am changing the oil now because it will be at about 1300-1400 miles once it actually gets into the shop (June 15). I am doing it for my own piece of mind. They will change it again, as well as do whatever else they do at the 1000 mile mark.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:53 AM
barhpr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

havent been back to Wieblers since I needed parts, waited in line and got a distant stare from the parts guys after I answered his question with "72 sportster"(which I needed a primary gasket that they DO stock) that was5 years ago, and 3 bikes ago, I either goto Clinton, or hawkeye and deal with jodie.. they are even open sundays...

Old 05-29-2007, 08:23 AM
barkster99
Tourer

I'm one more with concerns about Wiebler's, do most of my business at Workman's (though have also had good experience in Clinton). Good to hear about the oil filter. Maybe they're turning it around?

Old 05-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Donald A
Tourer

A little off topic, but.
I recently moved here, Rock Falls IL, from San Diego and was shocked, shocked I tell you, at the amount of Harleys in the area. Another thing that caught my attention is the amount of solo female riders. Damn, I'm a happy camper!!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:41 AM
barhpr
Road Captain

If thats the case I'd rather buy my parts from El Cajon HD!!(cali) Been there a few times.. when ever Im looking for a part after 5PM our time, I call them! We bought all our chaps & coats throught them too.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Brackneyc
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Donald A

A little off topic, but.
I recently moved here, Rock Falls IL, from San Diego and was shocked, shocked I tell you, at the amount of Harleys in the area. Another thing that caught my attention is the amount of solo female riders. Damn, I'm a happy camper!!!!

I totally agree. My wife is a solo rider as well. So is the wife of my good riding buddy. They had an article in the paper a few years ago, something to the effct of us having more Motorcrcles per capita,(Quad Cities area) than anyother city our size, in the USA. Not sure if it is true, or to what extent, but we have tons of bikes, and tons of Harleys. Welcome to the area.

Quick Reply: Wieblers HD in Davenport