General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wieblers HD in Davenport

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Wieblers HD in Davenport

I only mentioned the experience because I think it is fair to mention both the good and the bad stuff about our dealers. I know the filter was no big deal, but it was offered under no protest, nor did I walk in there and expect to be given anything that day, other than the typical service I would expect anywhere else.When they go above and beyond, (even a little), I like to let folks know.If they decie in the future to do something not on par with what I expect from a dealer, I'll be the first to let everyone know.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Donald A
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Brackneyc

ORIGINAL: Donald A

A little off topic, but.
I recently moved here, Rock Falls IL, from San Diego and was shocked, shocked I tell you, at the amount of Harleys in the area. Another thing that caught my attention is the amount of solo female riders. Damn, I'm a happy camper!!!!

I totally agree. My wife is a solo rider as well. So is the wife of my good riding buddy. They had an article in the paper a few years ago, something to the effct of us having more Motorcrcles per capita,(Quad Cities area) than anyother city our size, in the USA. Not sure if it is true, or to what extent, but we have tons of bikes, and tons of Harleys. Welcome to the area.
Being military, I have been stationed in many parts of the U.S. and overseas, and I can say from past experience there are more Harleys than anywhere else I have been.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 99 HD from Clinton H.D. sales and service because I didn't like the attitude of the salesperson at Wieblers, but when I ran into problems with the service from Ross Baker, the then owner, I had to go to the Davenport dealer, they took care of my warranty problems with no questions asked, fixed something that was a screw up from the factory, namely the whole front end was lose, Ross said it was normal, LOL. he had a tech that had no license. and couldn't test ride his own work, Ross hired some squirrel-bait to test ride. so I wound up at Wieblers, they are a little high, read pricey, but I got my new 06 FXD at a real good price, and the have a couple of top notch techs there that do all my service work for me. and the best part is I trust them. dealers all have something wrong with them, none are perfect, but on the whole you look hard enough and you will find the good in them..something you always have to remember is---the dealer is there to make money, not to be your friend, if by Chance he does become your friend, that is a plus..but money talks bullhocky walks. By the way Bob Wiebler is the dealer, I'm his customer not his personal friend. so this is not a sales pitch for him.if anybody has a problem and want to know the name of the best tech around, bar none, PM me and I will tell you his name..he maintains both my brothers and I's bikes..we usually go through a 5,000 and 2 10 thousand mile services or 2 5's and one 10 in one riding season, so that says we like them. with about 7 dealers within 150 mile radius of Davenport we have a big choice here, which is very good. by the way Clinton has changed owners so I have no idea what they are like, I have heard good about the new owner though and would probably try them again if I felt the need.

The crew at Wieblers on the day I had 100,055 miles on my FLHT

[IMG]local://upfiles/3092/181D9C3A08954676972D5FFDB73877EE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3092/3EA55A91664444C9A8D82F8BA164C521.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-29-2007, 10:04 AM
cadillac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jodie at Hawkeye Harley IS the best! She always remembers what kind of bike you ride and takes the time to go one step further than she has to. Super parts girl!!

Bob