General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson boots are junk

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016 | 06:34 PM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by martinj
Not true. There are all sorts of good boots out there in the $250-$400 range. You just need to know what to look for.....
What would some one from Idaho know about boots?

Old 11-05-2016 | 07:41 PM
martinj
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by ronaldrwl

Seriously?

Old 11-05-2016 | 07:51 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Seriously?
No ****. WTF?

Red Wings, Wolverine, and Georgia have some decent boots for riding. I now wear protective toe after losing a lane change battle with an Expedition, and now have a shorter big toe on one of my paws LOL

My Ol' Lady wants a pair of them HD boots, I will show her this thread.

Old 11-05-2016 | 08:01 PM
Motorcycle Mike
Advanced

I had one pair of Harley boots. They literally fell apart with very little wear on them. Never again.

I've had Bates, Red Wings, and other good boots.
Surprisingly, I've been very happy with the $42 Walmart black side zipper boots. I bought a new pair for riding, and used the old pair for work. They are quite similar to Bates style boots

Old 11-05-2016 | 08:16 PM
martinj
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by ronaldrwl

Seriously?
On second thought, you asked, so here you go.

Well, let's see. I generally wear Vibram or similar soled work boots when I'm in the field at my job, which requires lots of walking in steep, difficult terrain, and in my younger years involved quite a bit of wildland firefighting, so I've worn out my fair share of work boots, including White's, Red Wing, Wesco,Danner, Sheboygan, Justin, Wolverine and a few others. Going underground (I'm a geologist) has a different requirement for boots, so there's that. I grew up on a ranch, so I've gone through quite a few pairs of cowboy boots (I just got rid of a pair of Tony Lama's I've had for over thirty years that were on their third or fourth set of soles, I forget which--I still own two or three pairs). My father was an outfitter and guide along with being a rancher, so I've been through a pair or two of packer boots in my time as well. I used to ride motocross/cross country, so there's a few pairs I've been through.In addition, I currently own two or three pairs of cold weather boots, my riding boots, a couple of different pairs of hunting boots, tactical boots, shall I go on?

Yeah, I guess I don't know a damn thing about boots.

Last edited by martinj; 11-05-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2016 | 08:23 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HKMark23
FWIW they're made by "Wolverine".
Which in and of itself means nothing. What they sell private brand is not the same as what carries their name. They could care less if the boot falls apart. They have no liability. It is built to H-D specs and pricing mandate.

Old 11-05-2016 | 08:33 PM
HenryT
Road Master

On second thought, you asked, so here you go.

Well, let's see. I generally wear Vibram or similar soled work boots when I'm in the field at my job, which requires lots of walking in steep, difficult terrain, and in my younger years involved quite a bit of wildland firefighting, so I've worn out my fair share of work boots, including White's, Red Wing, Wesco,Danner, Sheboygan, Justin, Wolverine and a few others. Going underground (I'm a geologist) has a different requirement for boots, so there's that. I grew up on a ranch, so I've gone through quite a few pairs of cowboy boots (I just got rid of a pair of Tony Lama's I've had for over thirty years that were on their third or fourth set of soles, I forget which--I still own two or three pairs). My father was an outfitter and guide along with being a rancher, so I've been through a pair or two of packer boots in my time as well. I used to ride motocross/cross country, so there's a few pairs I've been through.In addition, I currently own two or three pairs of cold weather boots, my riding boots, a couple of different pairs of hunting boots, tactical boots, shall I go on?

Yeah, I guess I don't know a damn thing about boots.
From now on you will be referred to as the "boot guy"...from Idaho.

Old 11-05-2016 | 08:52 PM
sleighcrane
Tourer

I have had mine for 5years and they are very comfortable and have had no problems

Old 11-05-2016 | 10:12 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

On the advice of a member here I bought these... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003U1I76A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I couldn't be happier with them. Fully lined, great soles, zippers both sides, comfortable right out of the box. I wear them to work daily.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 11-06-2016 | 12:13 PM
Durango Dave
Road Captain

I bought Harley Tyson Boots 3 years ago and wear them everywhere, work, home and on many long distance trips (up to 5500 and 6800 miles)

These are the best boots I have ever owned. When they were new they were the most comfortable new boots I've ever owned. They didn't need any break-in time. The soles are almost worn out but otherwise they are holding up great.

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson boots are junk