General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson boots are junk

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016 | 09:11 AM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior

I must have 2 of the pair I bought used, the same heel eventually fell off of each one. Couldn't have been an opposite heel on one! They were the only boots that did not hurt my feet and knees on concrete. never pay retail.

Old 11-02-2016 | 09:14 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member

I have never owned a pair of HD boots main reason is they are over priced and I can always get other boots that I know the quality of for most often less. With that said my wife has a pair of HD boots that she has had 5 years, the only reason she got them was she liked the looks, quality looked ok but most of all they just happened to be marked 50% off so they were a good enough deal to take a chance on. 5 years later they have held up very good, still on original soles

Old 11-02-2016 | 09:18 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

I don't know who makes them these days, but HD branded boots used to be sold at a local discount shoe outlet. We looked at them, same stuff as local HD dealer had.
The MoCo brand doesn't necessarily mean quality.

Old 11-02-2016 | 09:19 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member

I've got 2-3 pairs, GF has 2-3 pairs - no problems (knock on wood) sorry your experience is different

Old 11-02-2016 | 09:26 AM
rob0225
Road Master

I love my Harley Hustin boots. Most comfortable boots I have, I'm on my second pair.

Old 11-02-2016 | 09:28 AM
penmaker
Road Master

Funny seeing this. My wife had bought a pair of HD boots a couple years back at a local discount place that sales closeout clothes and such. This past weekend we took an overnight trip with some friends. On our way home, we stopped at a convenience store to take a break and the left heel of her boot had come apart. The rubber had just disintegrated. Luckily she only paid about $50 for the boots.

Old 11-02-2016 | 09:38 AM
sharpcanoe
Cruiser

My daughters bought me a HD jacket so I went into the dealership to pick it up. Cost over $400 and was a gift so I enjoyed it very much. In the store the salesclerk tried to sell me a pair of HD boots that were around $275. These boots were scrap. There was a piece of Velcro that was half glued hanging off and the stitching was crooked and poor quality. I laughed and told the salesperson that they should be ashamed to try and sell something like that and wondered if the jacket would be the same thing also. She seamed to disappear to another section after that and didn't come back to serve me. Just anther example of the direction Harley is going in. Sad in a way..

Old 11-02-2016 | 09:45 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member

Never could figure out why anyone would buy $100 boots and then pay an additional $100 to have the HD logo put on them.

Old 11-02-2016 | 09:49 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hopper.
My OL bought a pair of Harley Davidson ladies' riding boots from the local HD dealer about two years ago. They get about a half a day of use every week or fortnight, max. Within a few months, the sole fell right off of one boot.

Got it repaired at a mall shoe repair place as it was quick and cheap and the dealership was too far away at the time. But the now the sole fell off again, and took it to an old time boot repair guy who really knows his stuff and does good work.

"Harley Davidson boots are junk" were the first words he said. "Not worth you paying me to fix them." He then proceeded to show us how the whole sole material is disintegrating because it is made of some cheap-*** junk kind of rubber. And the upper is no better.

"And the Harley shop guys know their boots are junk," he goes on. "Because they are always bringing customers' boots in here for me to glue back together". I guess the glued soles, like ours, hang togehter long enough for the customer not to expect any further warranty etc.

Disappointing as the boots were not cheap to buy. We only got them because she should try them on at the dealer and they fit real nice. But quality wise, they certainly don't compare well with my regular Carolina boots that last me 10 to 20 years.

Anyone else found this with HD boots?
My girlfriend had a similar negative experience. Not exactly the same issue, but they started falling apart on our first trip with them. She picked them for style, guess we just need some decent looking practical boots. I think the issue is women's boots, not the men's riding boots.

Last edited by son of the hounds; 11-02-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-02-2016 | 09:59 AM
Sarah93003
Club Member

I guess everyone has a different experience. I bought my boots 8 years ago. They've been on one cross country trip and 8 years of basic riding.

Recently though, a friend of mine had her HD boots come apart at the sole. I used Gorilla glue to glue them back in place and so far so good.

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson boots are junk