General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

frinken wanna be riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 10:18 PM
badherb
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default frinken wanna be riders

[sm=badbadbad.gif]I have been in communication with many people over the past few months in this forum. "lets get together and ride" type ****. NOT ONE!!!!!! person has ever confirmed or shown up. I like riding and can't give a hoot if anyone goes with me. but I have set up rides and thought more than just me was showing up and I end up being the only one there.
Yeah I thought that I might have ansmelly problem and no one wants to hang with me and yeah I even thought once that I was a dork and had no friends. But this weekend I'm heading out with good friends they are going and they have yet to tell me I stink. Maybe they are just nice?! Maybe they are dorks too. But then I realized....
I'm trying to get computer based people on the road. Maybe they can't get a computer connection on the road so they have to stay in these forums and NOT ride. I got to say one thing to all you MF'ers who would rather sit in the A/C and type all day.... "I'm riding if you want to go... good! if not FU!"
done with wanna bees!

Old 05-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: frinken wanna be riders

I know it kinda sucks. I have been trying to put together a few Dallas rides for weeks and only a few great guys have responded. To me, you need at least 8 bikers to pull it off. I guess I'll keep trying. The people here are awesome, but alot may hafta do with busy schedules. Guess alot of people that own Harleys are professionals and things come up.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:27 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: badherb

[sm=badbadbad.gif]I have been in communication with many people over the past few months in this forum. "lets get together and ride" type ****. NOT ONE!!!!!! person has ever confirmed or shown up. I like riding and can't give a hoot if anyone goes with me. but I have set up rides and thought more than just me was showing up and I end up being the only one there.
Yeah I thought that I might have ansmelly problem and no one wants to hang with me and yeah I even thought once that I was a dork and had no friends. But this weekend I'm heading out with good friends they are going and they have yet to tell me I stink. Maybe they are just nice?! Maybe they are dorks too. But then I realized....
I'm trying to get computer based people on the road. Maybe they can't get a computer connection on the road so they have to stay in these forums and NOT ride. I got to say one thing to all you MF'ers who would rather sit in the A/C and type all day.... "I'm riding if you want to go... good! if not FU!"
done with wanna bees!
Sounds like you could use a hug!

Old 05-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that - I've been out with Clif, TimFl, BenJax, 211Chuck and have talked to a couple other of the guys about getting together sometime. We seldom plan rides, but sometimes call one another is we're going out on 2 wheels for a couple hundred miles.

Keep trying. Some folks do more than type up a storm in here

Old 05-26-2007, 10:33 PM
MetricDavidson
Novice

If I ever get to your area (which, by the way, is a very long way from where I usually roam but not an impossibility), I'll gladly ride with you...afterall, you have a link to the PGR site; you have a 10 year-old bike; and you look and sound like you might be a free spirit.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:40 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Herb, it's the pic of you and that big ol' grin. Nobody who grins like that at a freaking bowling alley can possibly be trusted! You prolly ride with them shoes with the numbers on the back. [:'(]

Todd, who the heck wants to ride anywhere near Dallas? [8D]

Boys, y'all oughtta be the duly-elected Road Cap'n of a group of pseudo-riders, set up a ride, reserve a section of a restaurant, set up bike games, have THE MAMA actually clean the house & make a pile of desserts, drinks, etc., and then have 1couple on a bike & 1 couple in a pickup show up.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys that live in Dallas.lol!!

Old 05-26-2007, 10:49 PM
raindropfx
Cruiser

Badherb,

I see in 6 short months you've made 402 posts, and you're online now. So, my bet is that you're right. You're a stinky dork![sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Joking aside. I had a so called friend that blew me off everytime we set up a ride. Now I'm the azzhole for never calling him. I don't care, because like you I don't mind riding alone at all. It's easy to meet up with someone along the way (if I decide I want to). Next time get a phone number. Then you can confirm before they blow you off and waste your time.

Oh yah. Take the hug from CyclChyk.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:50 PM
badherb
Road Captain

if you're a chick yeah a hug would do.
If I ever get to your area (which, by the way, is a very long way from where I usually roam but not an impossibility), I'll gladly ride with you...afterall, you have a link to the PGR site; you have a 10 year-old bike; and you look and sound like you might be a free spirit.
might be a free spirit yes! I love riding and I want to share the experience of the trips I take. My kids are young so my wife can't always go with me. I'd get a girl friend but can't afford the allimony it would take to get one. I just want to ride no matter where or for how long.
by the way get in contact with me I'll ride almost anytime. some days just don't work out but I'll let you know that in advance not the day of the ride.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-26-2007, 10:52 PM
badherb
Road Captain

I was snow bound and nearly broken for ever.... Long story there, but the fact I'm on line now only means I just got done riding only two hours ago.

Quick Reply: frinken wanna be riders