General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The EFI system is disappointing me

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 10:03 AM
martinj
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 17,339 Likes on 6,865 Posts

Originally Posted by roussfam
Mighty quiet...
Really quiet. Mikey has only posted once since 8:15 yesterday morning, and he's been offline since his last post early this morning. Something is up for sure......

Old 10-27-2016, 10:08 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,225 Likes on 3,756 Posts

Originally Posted by martinj
Really quiet. Mikey has only posted once since 8:15 yesterday morning, and he's been offline since his last post early this morning. Something is up for sure......
Getting his costume ready for Halloween? I hear he's going as a pirate. If he has a peg leg he'll need to counter steer....

The following users liked this post:
fullautomike (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,249 Likes on 3,443 Posts

Power to Mom's trailer was cut off

The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (10-30-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 658 Likes on 435 Posts

Nuh Uh, there is a Sponge Bob Square Pants marathon on Nickelodeon

Old 10-27-2016, 10:30 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

I got the honor of the last post on his counter-steering thread before it was locked. Maybe he got the boot at the same time lol...

Old 10-27-2016, 10:36 AM
martinj
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 17,339 Likes on 6,865 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckw2
I got the honor of the last post on his counter-steering thread before it was locked. Maybe he got the boot at the same time lol...
I don't think so. He posted once this morning in another thread and hasn't been online since. I'm thinking maybe one of the mods gave him an offer he couldn't refuse......

Old 10-27-2016, 11:31 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by martinj
I don't think so. He posted once this morning in another thread and hasn't been online since. I'm thinking maybe one of the mods gave him an offer he couldn't refuse......

Old 10-29-2016, 03:59 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,280 Likes on 3,426 Posts

Originally Posted by MikerR1
Well gee, I could play the same game.

I asked you if you can see the stock efi map with powervision and this is your response to me. Maybe you do not really have the power vision installed? And maybe the picture you are showing is not really your bike?

I have a bike and I am a rider. You can believe me or not believe me. If you do not want to share information, no problem.
Seriously, troll?? Tell me what I can do, anybody, put the laptop with this screen showing on my bike next to the PowerVision? Ask the members here who have ridden with me to chime in? How about the member who just bought my stock FXDLS wheels? God knows those are laying around everywhere. And yes, everybody knows about the stock map visibility. I am sure you found that info online by now

Troll!

Old 11-04-2016, 12:49 PM
MikerR1
Banned
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MikerR1
The EFI (electronic fuel injection) system on my bike is not doing what I am expecting it to do.

Last week the temperature was about 85 or so. My bike ran terrific. It accelerated good, sounded good and handled good. I loved it. After the bike warmed up it ran really well.

A cold front came through on Friday.

Took my bike out yesterday. The bike ran poorly. It was sluggish, probably the knock sensor was activating and it did not sound good. It backfired a couple of times. After the bike warmed up it ran worse. I know the bike was running too lean.

I am thinking that the difference is the difference in the weather because that is the only thing that changed since the last time I rode the bike.

I would think that the EFI system could adjust to changes in weather.

I checked the trouble codes last night. I did have 2 ECM trouble codes. They were P0151 and P0131. Those are the codes for to low afr voltage for the front and rear cylinders. I am thinking they might have been generated when I got the backfires. But I really do not know.

How do I trouble shoot this?
I am leaning to fuel being the cause for this. I am posting this link so I can refer back to it at a later time.

All fuel in my area has ethanol(10%). The ethanol and gasoline will separate in the tank if allowed to sit, with the ethanol being heavier. The item of interest in this article is when they say to replace the gas in your fuel tank every 2-3 weeks to avoid alcohol and water related fuel problems.

http://www.fuel-testers.com/expirati...hanol_gas.html

Old 11-04-2016, 01:52 PM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy
Received 975 Likes on 559 Posts

This thread needs to die a quick tragic death.

Quick Reply: The EFI system is disappointing me