General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The EFI system is disappointing me

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 01:51 PM
martinj
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 17,339 Likes on 6,865 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Let's just all take a minute here and realize what's happening.

It's MikeLikesBikes with a new screen name
Is this a member who's been banned? Don't see him in the member list.

With that said, what you say probably makes sense....

Old 10-25-2016, 01:59 PM
RaSh
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,578 Likes on 5,866 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Since this thread started............- is this or is it not counter intuitive?
PLEASE, just please don't turn this into another counter thread.

Though I do believe that it is off and running.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:03 PM
MikerR1
Banned
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Uh huh, sure they can, LOL You have a lot to learn.
Sorry but I am right about this one.

They calculate the density from the Ideal Gas Law(google it). Once they know the density they can calculate the mass by multiplying the density by the volume of the cylinder. Except they do not know the run time volume of the cylinder. So they have a correction factor, volumetric efficiency (ve). They multiply the displacement by the volumetric efficiency to obtain the run time volume. Multiply the corrected volume by the density and you have the mass of air. Divide the mass of air just calculated by the programmed AFR and you have the mass of fuel. Using the injector flow rate (gm/sec) you can calcluate the amount of time to keep the injector open to deliver the fuel you need.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:35 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,128 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Let's just all take a minute here and realize what's happening.

It's MikeLikesBikes with a new screen name
Yeah, that was called in his previous train wreck. I come back often the replies he gets from everyone make me laugh.

The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (10-27-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by MikerR1

They calculate the density from the Ideal Gas Law(google it). Once they know the density they can calculate the mass by multiplying the density by the volume of the cylinder. Except they do not know the run time volume of the cylinder. So they have a correction factor, volumetric efficiency (ve). They multiply the displacement by the volumetric efficiency to obtain the run time volume. Multiply the corrected volume by the density and you have the mass of air. Divide the mass of air just calculated by the programmed AFR and you have the mass of fuel. Using the injector flow rate (gm/sec) you can calcluate the amount of time to keep the injector open to deliver the fuel you need.

Please......just shoot me ........... now.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:53 PM
martinj
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 17,339 Likes on 6,865 Posts

Well, at least Google is mostly right about it. You've apparently merely paraphrased whatever website you looked up the subject matter on...

The sorry part? Absolutely.

Last edited by martinj; 10-25-2016 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:55 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,128 Likes on 2,802 Posts

If you actually know all of this, which I do from datalogging and writing custom tunes for modified Mustangs, why do you have a question about your bike? If it's not running right, take it to the dealership. There is obviously a problem, because the system is designed to modify the tune based on the conditions you're riding in. It's good to see that you're back on your meds though. Your posts are much more well thought out, except for the part where you answer yourself.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:57 PM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
If you actually know all of this, which I do from datalogging and writing custom tunes for modified Mustangs, why do you have a question about your bike?
lol

The answer should be pretty obvious to everyone by now.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:15 PM
Crashone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 192 Posts

Careful guys - this cat might throw salt in your eyes if he gets close enough.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:31 PM
MikerR1
Banned
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
If you actually know all of this, which I do from datalogging and writing custom tunes for modified Mustangs, why do you have a question about your bike? If it's not running right, take it to the dealership. There is obviously a problem, because the system is designed to modify the tune based on the conditions you're riding in. It's good to see that you're back on your meds though. Your posts are much more well thought out, except for the part where you answer yourself.
I answered someones question.

Threads have a mind of their own. No one can predict where they are going to go.

I guess its time to put you back on ignore.

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
Please......just shoot me ........... now.
Bang. Your dead. So stop responding.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 11-07-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Quick Reply: The EFI system is disappointing me